Exhaust install

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
cry.gif
Anyone done their own installation of a full system 4into1
I ordered a Yosh tri-oval what I've read its a clean, bolt right up, perfect match. Bike has only 6K miles, do I need new gaskets? And I'm getting conflicting info - whats this about not using a K&N filter??? Problems with the fuel inj.? And can the stock system be remapped? Or you must use a PCII? Or just leave it alone and see how it runs?
confused.gif

I have done my pipe install and it was a little bit of a pain in the butt. There is not much room between the radiator and oil cooler so you have to loosen them up a bit to get you hands in there other than that no major headaches. Yes you should get all new exhaust gaskets to make sure you have a good seal or the exhaust will leak. I would not use a k&n filter they do not make more power actually they rob hp just keep the stocker it flows fine. The stock system will probable work ok with the new pipe but to get the most from the new pipe a power commander is the way to go. If everything goes together well with a pc11 you should see upwards of 165 hp Knebnr

I installed my full D&D and I just took the radiator and oil cooler off to make it easier. I am going to have to take it back off though to put the shift kit in though. It's not bad hawaii.

Pipes are saaawheat! Had em for many months now. You guys gotta check dates on the posts - this question was originally asked on 4/13/02 old stuff...

Pict0047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a recent pic 5K miles later goin strong! Oh and I finally polished the rear rim ( at least the edges )

2_15_03_008.jpg

Yeah the rear was easy, just remove wheel tape off what you dont want to polish apply aircraft paint remover ( careful nasty stuff ) then rinse clean and extra fine steel wool with polish, done. Front rim was a pisser cause I did the whole thing. I sanded & sanded & sanded...
fingers raw... needs finer sanding though, I got to 600 grit but will do more sanding to about 1000 - 1500 and finish polish.

Busa goes in the box today. 1 way ticket to Cali. WATCH OUT LAGUNA SECA!!!

Dec02_013.jpg

Kent,
the bike's looking good you just need to change the front now and that'll be it...

I've got a red lamp lense if you want it for nothing...

HAYA3.JPG

Back