akrapovic exhaust install

black954

Registered
I was able to snag a great deal on an Akrapovic full race hexagon system off of Ebay for $680 shipped. It was one of the easiest installs i've ever done. So far it runs awesome without a PCIIIusb, but hopefully i'll have it dyno tuned with the PCIII, velocity stacks, and K&N's in the near future. This system is by far the highest quality system i've bought. I wish it were the carbon can, but at the price, I couldn't resist especially cause it was brand new!

akrapovic1.JPG

header mounted up, notice the fins on the radiator, I finally used cardboard and didn't ding any!

akrapovic2.JPG

midpipe with plenty of clearance between the oil pan. The oil filter is a little close to the header, but with the nut on the end, it's no problem with a ratcheting wrench.

akrapovic3.JPG

Wow, that looks great. What sort of differences do you notice between the gixxer and your 1k? I am going to buy a second bike soon and am considering either a gixxer or an R1. Not to jack the thread, the bike looks awesome!

(Cblast @ Aug. 07 2007,23:30) Wow, that looks great. What sort of differences do you notice between the gixxer and your 1k? I am going to buy a second bike soon and am considering either a gixxer or an R1. Not to jack the thread, the bike looks awesome!
Are you talking about the busa to the 1K or the 600 to the 1K? The 1K feels faster than the busa, even though it's much slower! The 1K is the fastest feeling bike i've ridden -even more so than my turbo busa. I was just talking with a buddy who owns a 05' 1K and we were agreeing on how they are almost too fast for a litre bike. The front gets light all the time and my first mod had to be an adjustable Ohlins damper for this. I hope to make in the mid 170'sHP when i'm done. Not that it needs more power, just cause i'm dumb like that. I've raced an 06 1000RR with tons of mods and 165HP in a 2nd gear roll-on and killed him with my bike stock! I can't wait to race a ZX10 to see how close they are. I totally love this bike, even though i've been missing my busa lately. I just can't wait till spring when I have the motor done and a LOT more HP on tap.

Back