Everyone wants to be me.....

MR Felt

Registered
Not just me, but us. The life of a person that owns ( loves) a Busa.
Tomorrow I'm going to get up at 5:30, I'll get on the Busa at 6:05 (in the dark) when there are only a few commuters. There are three stretches that I usually bump it up to 85-90 ( 4 lane divided highway) then back it down to 70 and into the city to work. The morning commute takes 25 minutes or so.

After work I'm back on the Busa, It's 90 degrees out and I am wearing my Tourmaster leathers (with vents). Black bike, black leather, red dragon on my Shoei RF1000 and I look at Joe average going home in his Chevy, to sit in front of the tv. Joe Average looks at me and thinks " Motorcycle guys are nuts". Joe Average thinks the same thing in early December when I pass him on the way to work and it is 30 degrees out ( and dark) and I'm doing the usual commute to work.

On weekend I am a road bicyclist. I ride 3-4000 miles a year and I'm 53.
I don't want to be Joe Average, I live life to it's fullest.

Not just me, but us. The life of a person that owns ( loves) a Busa.
Tomorrow I'm going to get up at 5:30, I'll get on the Busa at 6:05 (in the dark) when there are only a few commuters. There are three stretches that I usually bump it up to 85-90 ( 4 lane divided highway) then back it down to 70 and into the city to work. The morning commute takes 25 minutes or so.

After work I'm back on the Busa, It's 90 degrees out and I am wearing my Tourmaster leathers (with vents). Black bike, black leather, red dragon on my Shoei RF1000 and I look at Joe average going home in his Chevy, to sit in front of the tv. Joe Average looks at me and thinks " Motorcycle guys are nuts". Joe Average thinks the same thing in early December when I pass him on the way to work and it is 30 degrees out ( and dark) and I'm doing the usual commute to work.

On weekend I am a road bicyclist. I bicycle 3-4000 miles a year and I'm 53.
I don't want to be Joe Average, I live life to it's fullest.

Correction

And u are so humble:rofl:

Actually I am. I have always had to work to be better than mediocre.
This thread is about a philosophy. If you ( not you) don't walk out in the garage and get a woody when you see your Busa then you might as well pack it in and get a Vespa.

When I have a woodie it's too big to pack in and my wife claims her superior position to the Busa...what can I say?

When all else falls away, yes, bicycles and Busas make an excellent combination, both for self improvement and self satisfaction. Your bicycle mileage is great, I've NEVER ridden too far....only not far enough! Been averaging 140 miles a week for 2 years, only 25 in August and am having withdrawals! Back into it in Sept. Keep up the good work. Raydog

I don't want to be you. I hate commuting in any fashion. I prefer working from home :)

But yeah, when I am riding I can see the envy in the eyes of those I pass; yearning to be free in the wind like I am :laugh:

Average Joe thinks your nuts because your on the Stupor Slab, not a twisty goat trail.

And if your Busa gives you a woody, I'll concur.

I agree 110%. As the saying goes, "You only live once." It's cliche, but it's true... As long as you're financially, physically, and mentally capable... don't sell yourself short... DO IT.

Well I don't want to be you, I'd rather be Hugh Hefner even though he is not on a Busa he gets a sweet new ride every few years. :laugh: Nothing personal:poke: :laugh:

One of Don's sayings were:

"Five minutes on a Hayabusa is more fun than most people will experience in a lifetime."

Enjoy.

I also cycle, but time lately has been a problem. I always smile when people complain about a Busa being uncomfortable, because I use to be comfortable, riding 4 hours a day crouched down sitting on a little italian bicycke seat.

Yeah, I can relate. Most people don't get the adrenaline rush as we have the ability to do daily with a flick of the wrist.

But hey, if you bicycle on tight corner mountain roads, keep it on the shoulder, I mean the twisties are not just for you! LOL.

Back