need to get a bike looking for advise

kingbrutis

Registered
Looking to get a street bike. I cant afford a busa now. Looking to spend under $5K. Anyway was looking at craigslist and lots of bikes out there. So I'm hesitintly considering a cruiser. I am over 30 and will be covering lots of miles. So there is a roadstar warrior, so like it? Also am considering a v max, like it? I will be using it to commute 60 miles one way to work. Advise? Lots of older sport bikes out there. Thanks Joe

still sporty is a honda 919 and a yamaha fz1 they still handle good and have o.k. power and are nick named a naked street fighter they will not hang with a busa or even a gsxr 1000 but will go good against a 600 or a gszr750 well on the 750 until about 160 then well you know.

You asked about cruisers only, so I am assuming you want this style of ride. The V-star is a good bike, so is the Intruder, never been on a v-max. I suggest you go to some dealers, find out what fits you and what you like best, then find a good used one for a reasonable price. You should be able to find some nice rides for what you have budgeted, but be sure and inspect them very well. If you find a bike with an owner who has kept good records, that will be a good bet. Stay on the board, you will like it here, and welcome!
beerchug.gif

You asked about cruisers only, so I am assuming you want this style of ride. The V-star is a good bike, so is the Intruder, never been on a v-max.  I suggest you go to some dealers, find out what fits you and what you like best, then find a good used one for a reasonable price. You should be able to find some nice rides for what you have budgeted, but be sure and inspect them very well. If you find a bike with an owner who has kept good records, that will be a good bet. Stay on the board, you will like it here, and welcome!
beerchug.gif
The cruisers listed are good bikes, I have ridden most of them including the Vmax...
V Star is probably the best choice from the ones you listed.
The Vmax IS a really nice bile but has small fuel capacity, which will only hurt you in a daily comuter..

Just my two cents..

Guess we think alike.
Have a Warrior & really enjoy it. Bought it late in 01 & have no plans to part with it. Lots of tech info here RSWarrior.com
Traded the 00 Max on the Busa in 04. The Max is a good around town bike but an hour on the interstate was all I could take.

You asked about cruisers only, so I am assuming you want this style of ride. The V-star is a good bike, so is the Intruder, never been on a v-max.  I suggest you go to some dealers, find out what fits you and what you like best, then find a good used one for a reasonable price. You should be able to find some nice rides for what you have budgeted, but be sure and inspect them very well. If you find a bike with an owner who has kept good records, that will be a good bet. Stay on the board, you will like it here, and welcome!
beerchug.gif
The cruisers listed are good bikes, I have ridden most of them including the Vmax...
V Star is probably the best choice from the ones you listed.
The Vmax IS a really nice bile but has small fuel capacity, which will only hurt you in a daily comuter..

Just my two cents..
yea thats a great point. I found a z1000 I liked but the tanks is so small, I'd fill up every morning. Guys were saying 140-150 miles a tank. I cant stand to even look at cruisers, but am just wondering if one makes since. What about a zrx1200? Holds 5.3 gallons. Can pick up a nice clean one for around under 4K. One thing is, it will be over 110 degreese riding home so some sort of wind protection would be nice. Kaw Concours is so ugly. My last couple of bikes have been, 3 busa's, zx12, zx9 and an Aprilia Mille. I am used to fun bikes. Thanks for the help

kid.jpg

Have a friend at work with a Road Star 1100, 2100 miles, White in color. I believe he wanted more than 5 grand however.

Live due West 250 miles.

r8

OK I bought a bike. Bought a Kaw 02 zrx 1200. I had a zx12 before and loved it. So, the price was good and people that own them love them. Just rode it 50 miles home and it was a great comfy ride.

01150001160901040020080617a9a84555ce681d135c000164.jpg

Back