Ever lose a brother?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I’ve lost all four and my last remaining brother passed on Sunday morning due to end stage kidney disease at age 79. He is survived by two of his three children, a daughter in Germany and a son in Oregon, and his wife of 49 years. His first career was as an army soldier joining up at age 17 and mustering out as an E7 after more than two decades of service. His overseas deployments included tours in France, Germany and Belgium. He also survived two extended tours in Vietnam in the early and late 60s. His last engagement there was with the 25th Infantry. He was an avid rider too owning several brands over the years but preferred Harleys. He even owned a Harley in Saigon in 1963 but was prevented from bringing it into the States. He had suffered for years after Vietnam due to lupus related ailments traced to agent orange exposure. He wanted to suffer no more and signed a DNR upon returning home from the hospital just a few days before his death. He will be missed.

Very sad to hear of the loss of your brother...

It sounds as though he lived a full, adventure filled life.....

My cousin was with the 27th infantry "Wolfhounds" out of Hawaii, one never knows if the two of them actually did any missions together in Viet Nam....my cousin also suffered complications from Agent Orange.

So far "knock on wood" I've lost no siblings.

I’ve lost all four and my last remaining brother passed on Sunday morning due to end stage kidney disease at age 79. He is survived by two of his three children, a daughter in Germany and a son in Oregon, and his wife of 49 years. His first career was as an army soldier joining up at age 17 and mustering out as an E7 after more than two decades of service. His overseas deployments included tours in France, Germany and Belgium. He also survived two extended tours in Vietnam in the early and late 60s. His last engagement there was with the 25th Infantry. He was an avid rider too owning several brands over the years but preferred Harleys. He even owned a Harley in Saigon in 1963 but was prevented from bringing it into the States. He had suffered for years after Vietnam due to lupus related ailments traced to agent orange exposure. He wanted to suffer no more and signed a DNR upon returning home from the hospital just a few days before his death. He will be missed.
Hi. I am very very sorry for your loss. Keep strong.

Saw these today and thought of Wuzza.

Screenshot_20220512-154224_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220512-154159_Gallery.jpg

May your brother rest with all our brothers Amen

I feel for you and your family Wuzza. Both of my parents and both siblings are still living. I'm the youngest but I suspect my brother who is 7 years older will pass long before I do. I don't know where life will take me next but I hope to return to my hometown and develop the relationship with my brother that has been distant all of our lives.

Back