Ever done the math?

Hmm... Kinda scary.

I go through 2 rear tires in the time it takes for one front..

So lets do the math..

Rear Tire = $195 w/tax + $45 install = $240
Front Tire = $120 w/tax + 45 install = $165

I get about 4500 from the rear tire, 9000 from the front. So total tire investment for 9000 miles is $645.

645 / 9000 = $0.072/mile

Hell my fuel is only... 9000 / 35 = 257 * 2.25 = 578 /9000 = $0.064/mile

So every time I fill up (@150 miles) I should be putting away $10.80 for tires along with the $9.64 for gas.

:banghead:

Talk about perspective.............???

Just for the fun of it, using your tire and gas costs, you total for 9000 miles comes to $1224.
My wife's V8 Explorer gets approx 16MPG, so her cost for that same 9000 mile period (NO TIRE requirement) would be $1265.
So, putting it in that perspective, you're not doing too badly!

You could spend $30 on tire spoons and rim savers and save a lot of money on fancy machines and labor. Then you could save even more money shopping on the net for your tires. I can usually save $70 on a rear tire, $35 on the install, the sales tax that goes on top of everything, and the time it takes to go to the dealer and wait around, just by ordering online and doing it myself. Once you have done it a few times, you can change a tire quickly and easily.:thumbsup:

:poke:

image.jpg

I just dont do the math, so i feel alot better

or if your like me have a tire changer at work no cost to use have a buddy at a motorcycle shop balances it for free because i buy me oil and all my chemicals from him so all i'm out is the money for tires and a few buck here and there for oil and filter i'm going to need anyhow :moon:

shinko ultra soft's rears are 110$ and u can save even more dough and get yourself a tire changer...they are easy to balance by hand too....just put the red dot from tire lined up with the valve stem, before mounting and they should be easier to balance form that point

Yeah, I tried them & found I was spinning them way too much. I burned it off very fast. I hope the BT016 I just mounted holds up!

Anyone tried a Shinko 009 Raven? Looks like a similar pattern to my BT56, and has great reviews? Also $109 shipped.

I don't get 2 rears for 1 front, they toast together. 10,000 miles is 2 sets and part of another. I try not to think about it and just concentrate on trying to find the best deals on tires.:thumbsup:

Just take comfort in the knowledge of what those with WIDE tire kits have to pay every few thousand miles :laugh:

Back