A day at the shop

Didn't get ALL the way over, but here's the rear. Very happy with these tires, we'll see how long they last.

Metzler_Stripless_Rear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That being said...I got out today and "tested" the new tires. They have excellent grip, didn't "push" and held the lines really well. The rounder profile increased the flickability in the twisties.
Here's the front:
All you have to do is to jack up the front of the bike , remove the brake calipers, take the axle off and just turn, left for the right, the wheel and do the reverse. Just for safety sake because I live in Seattle and it rains here alot.

DSCN3257.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Isala...cool to see yet another Busa..Can you make it to Laguna this year..The more the merrier..July 11-12-13
Lot's of us staying in Salinas at the goodnite inn..

Drive Train!! I would always recommend replacing both sprockets with the chain. Or if the sprocket goes first same way. Although it may look good when you change the chain once you get a new chain on the old sprockets it can chew them up because they are already weak from use. So keep a close eye those sprockets Brennanop!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I just checked that last post with the busa service manual and that is exactly what it says to do. Just a heads up fellas

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Bren good choice on the tires, I run the metzlers great tire. I was also going to tell you about the sprockets keep close eye on them. We will have to get together for a ride some time I am just over the grape vine north of you.

Back