Even Guys Like Me Can Get Lucky.

TallTom

Registered
So I've been here a few years now. Seen ups and downs of members. Had my own ups and downs.

I was married once. Divorced 10 years now. Lost a partner to cancer once. Have dated various types for years. Got into a relationship with a girl I shouldn't have for awhile. She liked bikes. But she had her demons I couldn't help her beat.

After that, I decided my standards were too high. Lots of dramas. Or too big, or too small, or etc etc etc. I dated around but never found anything that did much to peak my interest. I sort of decided it must be my locale or my past experiences which could prove to be intimidating to females. Or maybe I'm just getting too old and set in my standards. Whatever. I just enjoyed being single rather than the dramas. Figured it would get better when I got a job that took me to better places to find better stock.

Then that one comes along that makes you go Hmmmmmm.

Great chemistry. Easy communications. She likes bikes. She likes me. She has a good job. She doesn't have any demons. She isn't a drunk, or a flake. Or a princess. Has the right amount of freak in her for me. Neither of us have kids. Nor want any. Neither of us want to be married again. I told her I am probably not going to find the type job I need for my pay grade around here. Her response. I can work anywhere so that won't stop us.

She already has a jacket and gloves. We are shopping for a helmet. She wants to see the Dragon and all else we can do on the Busa.

OK...I'll say it here. I'm a lucky Son of a B to have found her. Its early on. But I'm very encouraged so far!

And you guys always jack anyone up without pics. So here are pics from her at work. My phone camera. Dressed down.

Say hello to Marirose (named after her grandmother).

full.jpg

full.jpg

I'll try not to blow this one!!!

Riding just got a lot more fun again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

My uncle has had similar luck with women, he finally found one that is simply amazing. As a family we are lucky to have her. Our comment to my uncle however, "if you good time this up, god help you"

:)

-D

Congrats!

My uncle has had similar luck with women, he finally found one that is simply amazing. As a family we are lucky to have her. Our comment to my uncle however, "if you good time this up, god help you"

:)

-D
Ya know its funny. I can't see what she sees in me, and she is worried I won't like her in some way. So I tell her, look if you know what I passed up, you'd get it. I spent the first 2 weeks going to myself. OK....Single, nice looking, nice figure, a doctor, a good bit younger than me, there has to be something wrong with her...I'll just wait for it to show itself. It just seems too good for a crusty beat up old guy like me to have this much luck.

Its been 2 months now. I told her last week, "Look sooner or later we are going to get into a fight about something. "

About 2 weeks ago, I had what turned out to be a stupid thing happen to me. But at the time I didn't know it. I was unbalanced, light headed, and my speech was slurred. She texted me and at that time didn't know any of this. I explained it to her in a text.

The next thing I knew she was at my house (at like 2PM) with an overnight bag. Taking my pulse, etc. She said, "I'm staying here tonight and there isn't a discussion about it! You should have called me sooner. You should have gone to the ER. You don't spend 4 hours with those symptoms and do nothing!" I thought...Here we go....this will be our first fight.

Now to do that, she had to leave her office and patients. I know she has a lot of work everyday. I don't know how she managed to do that, but she was not about to have me argue about it!

As it turned out, we discovered, I had accidentally double dosed on one of my medications. And it was no big deal in the end, just gave us a start.

She said, Man all I could think about was I found a guy I really liked and he was going to stroke out on me.

I laughed, but she was serious. She said, look I don't want you going anywhere I'm finally having fun in my life again.

I'm with your uncle....man I hope I don't eff this up!!!!!

She's beautiful and from what you are saying that's not just on the outside. .. you found a keeper sir ... congratulations!

I am laughing at myself though. .. I thought she was wearing a Hayabusa logo shirt due to the way the pics look on my phone.. I was thinking wow she's extra cool!

Back