Ethanol / methanol Fuel cell size

Geez, how much is that thing drinking in the 1/4 to use the lines for more?!

It’s using all the fuel!!! Hahaha
200.gif

Hi. I will be using VP-M1. I will be using ID's 1050 on the bottom and ID's 2600 on top.
What fuel pump and size cell are you using? You will literally be the gif I posted above. :laugh:

There's a big difference between ethanol and methanol and that AEM pump isn't going to flow enough methanol. I would do a gallon for sure minimum if you're riding to the lanes and back to the trailer.
Wow I never would have guessed that pump isn’t enough, thanks for chiming in. His external pump is rated for 400 LPH which AEM states supports 860 hp on 30psi of boost. Methanol seems like a pain.

What do you all think of e98? My track has e98 with top lube and also e85 of course.

Dme makes a front rack that holds 1gallon. I don’t believe they list it online. But I have seen them on multiple bikes. My plan is to run a fuel cell up front and delete the radiator. It all depends on what your trying to do.

So Michael that’s the mechanical fuel pump, nice.

@Dnyce Holly has an article on sizing injectors and has the same numbers as Aeromotive. It still blows my mind how much methanol you have to spray in there but I guess it makes sense.

What size cell are you going make? Also what size vent are you going to use? DME uses 3/8th feed and return with a 1/8th vent.

Car guys seem to use the same size vent as the feed but for 1/4 mile I’m guessing it doesn’t matter as much.

Turbocharged/Supercharged
  • Gasoline: 0.60 - 0.65
  • E85: 0.85 - 0.90
  • Methanol: 1.80 - 2.0

I was gonna use -8an feed and -6 return, it’s overkill even for a lot of car guys that go that route but I have most of the fittings already from other stuff

Probably going with a gallon, seen a few aluminum ones for 100-150 so doesn’t make sense to spend time to make one if it fits my frame.

Back