Escrow on Hayabusa.org Auction

steelhead

Registered
Is there an escrow mechanism on Hayabusa.org's auction site?

Some of these auctions are for expensive items. Any ideas on how to make sure a person gets what they are paying for?

(steelhead @ Oct. 20 2006,00:09) Is there an escrow mechanism on Hayabusa.org's auction site?

Some of these auctions are for expensive items. Any ideas on how to make sure a person gets what they are paying for?
I think that common sense is the answer here... The only thing that we are doing is providing a place for buyers and sellers to get together. We are not acting as brokers or reccomending that you purchase from anyone here... I think that asking the right questions, going back to the message board to see what type of personality a member has, how long they have been around, how many post, other deals, we offer you the ability to research the sellers history on this site... If the person is selling a new bike with no VIN and they have 5 post you might want to be a little more cautious than if you were buying a used tank bag from a member that had been around the site for 5 years and 6,000 post....... We also use paypal solely for this reason, you can get buyer protection........ Use your own judgement........

Cap

I agree with what CAP said.  But if there is escrow, it may help popularize it and draw a larger share of revenues for the board. But I see Paypal is already in place. I've been reading CAP is looking for some ideas, that's my 2 cents worth.

The Auction site is great!  It looks really professional. The idea was just a thought, nothing more.

beerchug.gif

Steelhead

I've been reading CAP is looking for some ideas, that's my 2 cents worth[/Quote]

All ideas are welcomed..... Thanks for thinking outside the box.

We also use paypal solely for this reason, you can get buyer protection[/Quote]
And I would add that you can further bolster your protection by backing your Paypal account with a credit card so that you have an additional leverage mechanism should a deal go sour.

if there is any doubt ask for a member of the bord who might live neer to posibly check it out before the money transfer?

(steelhead @ Oct. 20 2006,00:flamethrowing:) I agree with what CAP said.  But if there is escrow, it may help popularize it and draw a larger share of revenues for the board. But I see Paypal is already in place. I've been reading CAP is looking for some ideas, that's my 2 cents worth.

The Auction site is great!  It looks really professional. The idea was just a thought, nothing more.

beerchug.gif

Steelhead
Is there a reason that you can't use escrow.com for your purchases with this site. I don't think most auction sites have thier own escrow service. Beware of scams involving fake escrows. Choose one you know.

You should be able to use any preferred escrow company to do the deal. Shop around for a good service.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Oct. 20 2006,09:21) You should be able to use any preferred escrow company to do the deal.  Shop around for a good service.

--Wag--
I didn't know these existed, but that's a great idea if you're not sure about the seller or the condition of the items. You could either work out a deal to share the cost, or just pay it yourself.

I just thought if escrow was done in-house on the org, it would generate more revenues for the board itself.

+1 on escrow.com for the real expensive items.

The members of the board are usually very quick to point out dead-beats on both sides of the buy/sell equation.

Back