AUCTION AUCTION AUCTION

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Some know already, some don't but there is a new feature on the website. Hayabusa.Org announced this weekend the new Auction portal here on the site.

go to

And register for your account now..... Once you have it registered then shoot me a PM here on the board and I will activate it...

For more information go here.....

The plan is to move all sales off the board and onto the auction site so please start making you way over there now so you will have plenty of time to learn how it works.... Its simple I promise....

CAp

I wish I had something to sell but here's a bump to the top.
beerchug.gif

Guys, what the CAp is telling you is that since the auction site is up, the sales threads will be closing... soon, all for sales items (including bikes) will go there instead of the main boards... might want to start learning that stuff now...

Does your username have to be the same as it is here? I began going by another name on other boards.

(Spigga @ Oct. 03 2006,07:00) Does your username have to be the same as it is here? I began going by another name on other boards.
As long as it is not a duplicate of an existing user on this board it should not be a problem.

Let's get everyone registered over on the auction site!!! In the coming months, it will be the place you guys go to buy things for your Busa...
biggrin.gif

Looks great captain!
beerchug.gif

Looks great in the Auction house.
Just need to get off the bike and start listing stuff.

(MC MUSTANG @ Oct. 03 2006,07:56) Guys, what the CAp is telling you is that since the auction site is up, the sales threads will be closing... soon, all for sales items (including bikes) will go there instead of the main boards... might want to start learning that stuff now...
Will we still have the Wanted section?

(thismonsterlives @ Oct. 03 2006,08:06)
(MC MUSTANG @ Oct. 03 2006,07:56) Guys, what the CAp is telling you is that since the auction site is up, the sales threads will be closing... soon, all for sales items (including bikes) will go there instead of the main boards... might want to start learning that stuff now...
Will we still have the Wanted section?
There is a wanted section on the auction site, it cost a whole quarter to post there... the good news is that it will be organized and easy for other members and sponsors to go through the list of wanted ads to see if they have what you are looking for... You could almost consider the wanted ads a tool to get the sponsors to come to you.

Registered and pm sent.
One comment:
I have seen some items being put on auction for more than 7 days. I even saw an auction ending in 55 days! Dont U think thats just too extreme? I mean, when U want an item U want it now, not 2 months from now.
PS: Keep up the good work.

(KROOZER @ Oct. 03 2006,08:44) Registered and pm sent.
One comment:
I even saw an auction ending in 55 days! Dont U think thats just too extreme? I mean, when U want an item U want it now, not 2 months from now.
Using long auction times is very useful for those items with a Buy Now option. It keeps you from re-listing the item over and over. Great for board sponsors selling merchandise and so on. This actually gives it the chance to advertise your item long term as opposed to a 7-10 day maximum limit. Quite a bit is going to depend on the item. I agree however that for those who do not list the item with a buy now option, in most cases they should list it with a 7-14 day duration.

Some of the things will work themselves out in short time.

(KROOZER @ Oct. 03 2006,08:44) Registered and pm sent.
One comment:
I have seen some items being put on auction for more than 7 days. I even saw an auction ending in 55 days! Dont U think thats just too extreme? I mean, when U want an item U want it now, not 2 months from now.
I also wanted to get some items out there so that the page didnt look empty, since its just starting to ramp up no one wants to come to an empty page. When things start to get busier I can edit the times......

Cap

What's the migration plan look like?

Some of the forums ("Wanted", "For Sale", and "Hayabusa Sales" come to mind as I type) need to be "controlled" so new sale/wanted items cannot be added while the current items are migrated to the sister site.

A new Busa sale just went up which prompted this post.

Also, the "Buy" link to the sister site needs to be a little more intuitive for folks new to the .org.  You know a lot of folks don't pay attention as is.  I think a better label will assist and cut down on some of the sale/wanted threads that pop up in other forums because they don't know any better.

....hope this helps.

ok this maybe a stupid question...I apologize

but is this auction site for only members here?
I mean I would rather trust someone here than some anonymous seller

going by the other thread, it seems like it
just wanna make sure

thanks

I'm with Big-T on the naming of the link...maybe "Hayabusa.org's Auction Site" or something along those lines so newer members will know it's a sister site...

Big-T - the migration will be gradual if I'm understanding Doug's plans...we need some time to make sure the site's running flawlessly and once he's satisfied it is (get out there and put some stuff up for auction if you've got it!), he'll set a cut off date giving everyone plenty of time to learn the auction site, time to move stuff over, etc...I'll let him elaborate, but from what I can tell, we'll all have some time to get ready for this...
smile.gif

ksana - I believe that is the master plan...helps us know who we're buying from, gives the buyer a bit more of that "trust" before handing over some cash...I'm not sure exactly how involved the weeding out process may be, i.e. if a new member signs up here on the org only to go sell over on the auction site...that's something Doug will have to elaborate on...I think the best part of this will be for our sponsors...they'll become even more visible if they get some of their items out there for members to see...
beerchug.gif

(VaBusa @ Oct. 03 2006,10:03) I'm with Big-T on the naming of the link...maybe "Hayabusa.org's Auction Site" or something along those lines so newer members will know it's a sister site...

Big-T - the migration will be gradual if I'm understanding Doug's plans...we need some time to make sure the site's running flawlessly and once he's satisfied it is (get out there and put some stuff up for auction if you've got it!), he'll set a cut off date giving everyone plenty of time to learn the auction site, time to move stuff over, etc...I'll let him elaborate, but from what I can tell, we'll all have some time to get ready for this...
smile.gif

ksana - I believe that is the master plan...helps us know who we're buying from, gives the buyer a bit more of that "trust" before handing over some cash...I'm not sure exactly how involved the weeding out process may be, i.e. if a new member signs up here on the org only to go sell over on the auction site...that's something Doug will have to elaborate on...I think the best part of this will be for our sponsors...they'll become even more visible if they get some of their items out there for members to see...  
beerchug.gif
Big-T I am working on the artwork now, functionality first beautification second..... It will be better but its functional now.

I want to get the herd moving in the direction of the Auction site, the last thing that we want is a hard cutoff announcement to the members only to find out two days after that we have a problem we did not anticipate. The site has gone through some pretty tedious QA but we are finding little things like icons not showing or settings that we are changing as we get people using it.

ksana, the reason that you have to send me a PM is because we are matching up accounts manually right now, we are working to automate the registration using the message board credentials. I am not going to limit the use of the auction site to just the members we have now, if someone signs up on the message board tomorrow they will have access to the auction site but their history on the board will reflect that, its ultimately the decision of the buyer on who they do business with I am just providing a little history of the person along with their selling...

The sponsors are out there on the site looking to have folks come to them looking for merchandise, often times they have what you are looking for but they are never contacted to work a deal, the want ads will allow members to post what they are looking for and the sponsors can come to you with a price, also the sponsors can have specials that they post in stores or one off products they have great deals on they can auction off.......

Keep the questions coming....

Back