Engine rebuild recommendations

race24x

Registered
I was looking at a new Busa, but my wheels etc being done I will never get anything for my bike near what I think it is worth. I was considering having the motor rebuilt. I looked in the links for someone, is there anyone on here that has had a board sponsor etc do there motor? Who would you all recommend. I have probably 70K on it and I dont want it to blow before I have a chance to rebuild it fresh. I still love the bike color etc... Also would like the tranny gone threw at the same time just to be sure it is good for another 10 years

I was looking at a new Busa, but my wheels etc being done I will never get anything for my bike near what I think it is worth. I was considering having the motor rebuilt. I looked in the links for someone, is there anyone on here that has had a board sponsor etc do there motor? Who would you all recommend. I have probably 70K on it and I dont want it to blow before I have a chance to rebuild it fresh. I still love the bike color etc... Also would like the tranny gone threw at the same time just to be sure it is good for another 10 years

Why you need it rebuilt at 70,000? Plenty of people on here have over 100,000 on theirs and they're still running strong. Is there something wrong with it, or are you just worried about it?

I am just worried about it. My GSXR 1100 had 60K when it twisted the coupler on the oil pump shaft and had to be rebuilt My GSXR 750 threw a rod right threw the front of the block at about 50K I know these are better designed, but I would rather do it before a catastrophic failure. I want someone that does good quality work I decided to keep it and I really would like to get another 70 80K out of it.

Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz, having that kind of trouble with only 50 or 60 K is NOT ACCEPTABLE ! There is no reason for that to happen to a well cared for motor, unless you really race it alot while hitting the redline on each shift. So, if you do a rebuild and are hard on the engine, make sure you tell the rebuilder (be HONEST) your RIDING habits :beerchug:

Carpenter racing in NJ (one of the best when it comes to engine work)
Powerhouse in NY (sponsor and Frank is a good man to deal with and great wit turbos)

Back