Engine Ice...YES!

andyw8705

Registered
So i finally broke down and got some engine ice and am prepared to do the coolant system flush. Any tips on this one guys? I removed the radiator, and flushed it out with distilled water, drained the overflow and flushed it out and then rocked the bike to get any excess fluid out of the hoses. Is this sufficient for getting all the old fluid out? Any tips on putting it back in?

I used to use Engine Ice, they even sponsored me for a couple of years, but it is not legal for drag racing so I had to change. While Engine Ice is a good product and did keep my Velocity Turbo bike cool, I could not believe what the Mocool did.

My bike does not have the oil cooler installed and after multiple round robin runs in 92 degree heat the bike never ran hot.

See the article below:
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: AMA Dragbike Motul Seminar ::

just remember engine ice isnt a antifreeze

Not true...

From their website: Engine Ice - Welcome

"Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256 °F or less and freeze-up protection to -27° F. "

The coolant does not come out as easy as it sounds...drop the hose on the bottom of the radiator and drain. You might have to start the motor a few times to "pump" it out and still not get every bit of the green out of the motor.

It's not hard to do, but is not as simple as just pulling as pulling the plug and draining like on a cager.

Ya mite want to take a garden hose and run water thru the engine . That will get all the GREEN out of it. Place the water hose in one of the radiator hoses and turn on the water. Keep flushing till the GREEN goes Clear. Just make sure you have something BIG like a five gallon bucket to drain it into. Cant let that GREEN stuff just go down the drain. This how I do my vans at home in the driveway and then I take it to a local recycle center.

thanks for the tips guys, I did hear something about using distilled water because tap water from the hose will leave deposits, not sure if that is true or not. I thought about putting the radiator back on and just filling the system with distilled water and letting it run for a few and the drain it and replace with engine ice, but again, thanks for the input:bowdown:

sounds like you got it.

i thought engine ice was race approved? thats one of the reasons i bought it. ???

if you read link I put in my post above it has info on using Distilled water as well as how many times it took me to get clean water to come out .
Also used distilled vinegar .
50/50 mix of both cleaned it out faster than just flushing

Back