Engine ice vs. water wetter

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Im looking at flushing, and changing out the fluid in my cooling system. Im looking at a product called Engine Ice and was wondering if anyone here has used it, and what type of results you had - good or bad. My other option is Water Wetter, but from what I've been reading, the Engine Ice appears to be a superior product.

I'd probably go with the engine Ice. Be certain to follow the directions but it's something I've tried and I have been very pleased. What I used was actually Silkolene Pro-Cool witch is the same stuff as Engine-Ice Propylene-Glycol instead of Ethylene-Glycol. Works great in the Busa, is non-toxic, and is a cool bright blue color that is easy to spot in the reservoir.

thanks Revlis - will look for it at the store...I need to place an order with Dennis Kirk and I see they only carry the Engine Ice now...1 or 2 jugs?

It's premixed so you'll only really need one half gallon I think, But I would prolly buy two so you have some extra. OK a lot extra but better to have more than you need than not enough. alos be certain to "Burp" your coolant system after replacing the coolant. It can take some decent rocking and hose squeezing to get al the air outta the system.

Thanks Rev...just ordered up a few of the half gallon size...After a few drinks I may just make it
tounge.gif

Water wetter is more for track use, after a crash quick cleanup. But it will freeze if it gets cold.

Engine Ice won't freeze, but you can't ake it on the track.

I used both in other bikes and had no luck with either.
What do you mean you had no luck? Are you saying stock coolant worked better than the Engine Ice, or that you seen no difference in Performance between stock coolant and Engine Ice?

Are you running a stock or modified bike, and how long did you run the water-wetter or Enging Ice to come to you conclusion?

I've Been using a Chevron Coolant can't rember the name for sure i'd have to go look at a box of it but it comes pre mixed and it's RED so it kinda looks like my bike is beeing cooled with Blood
mad.gif
Kinda fits the paint scheme in that aspect then heheh AS for the other stuff man i have no experience wish i could help ya

But i know when i switched to the chevron my bike did run a bit cooler then the other antifreeze that was in the bike

I used both in other bikes and had no luck with either.
What do you mean you had no luck? Are you saying stock coolant worked better than the Engine Ice, or that you seen no difference in Performance between stock coolant and Engine Ice?

Are you running a stock or modified bike, and how long did you run the water-wetter or Enging Ice to come to you conclusion?
Nope not saying stock worked better, saying WW or Engine Ice didn't change the temp 1 degree (cooler)

Thank Ron...I guess I will see if the Enginge Ica makes any difference on my bike...also adding a Muzzy fan...just hope I can bring the temp down about 12 degres or so.

Remember, the thermostat still has a job to do regardless of what coolant you use. Whatever the thermostat is set at at the manufacturer is where your temp will settle during normal use.
So I am not sure how either after market coolant or additive can substantially lower the normal temp...
Even if Engine Ice tries to run cooler wont the thermostat just stay closed longer and restrict flow longer to reach its setpoint...

David

well down here in the nice humid hot area ... I switched to engine ice after my bike running crazy hot (almost redline) while sitting in traffic 2 yrs ago.... and we'll I havent looked back
cool.gif
Just ask Michelle... she can tell ya, mine runs just fine in hot/humid traffic
laugh.gif

well down here in the nice humid hot area ... I switched to engine ice after my bike running crazy hot (almost redline) while sitting in traffic 2 yrs ago.... and we'll I havent looked back
cool.gif
  Just ask Michelle... she can tell ya, mine runs just fine in hot/humid traffic
laugh.gif
I can see how it would keep your bike from running above normal is stop and go conditions, but I meant to say that it wont run below normal or cooler than normal...

David

If you're just riding street: go Engine Ice. If you're doing Track, you HAVE TO USE WATERWETTER. Redline Waterwetter doesn't have "slick, slippery" properties that regular glycol based coolants have. Engine Ice says it can be used at most track day events but that's BULL!! I actually got in trouble at trackdaz willow for running Engine ICE and had to swap it out with water/waterwetter mix. Waterwetter is great for summertime but I wouldn't recommend it for winter use. It may freeze over in below-freezing levels.

Both are wonderful and highly recommended.

Back