Engine cutting out at 90mph...Why?

Hello!

I have an 04 with the following mods: PC3, Yoshi full exhaust, block off plate, Pingel Electric shifter(I am a left leg above the knee amputee) and a few other minor things.

After riding for a few minutes my issue starts. The bike, in 6th gear, will cut out at 90mph and back on at 85mph. The tac drops the temp gauge will spike and drop(not every time though) and me FI light then proceeds to start flashing until I turn the ignition off and restart the bike. I found that it will also in 5th gear cut out at 80mph and back on at 75mph. On occasion I can give it full throttle and I guess trick the bike to stay running for a few seconds and maybe get to 120/130 before it will cut out and wait till it get back down to 85mph.
I have checked and cleaned the injectors and tried disengaging the ignition kill from my electric shifter. I see on other threads people have had similar issues but not an answer to this problem. I've also seen that the kickstand switch should be checked... If that was the problem, why would it cut out at the same speed and back on at the same speed every time? My kickstand is tight and doesn't wiggle.
The engine when idling and when hold a steady throttle the rpms will sometimes to a once or twice quick surge. I have been told that that may be a PC3 issue. I'm more concerned with the engine cutting out at the present.

Thanks for any and all help!

Sounds to me like it may be a program/map/pc3 issue. Have you removed pc3 and seen if same problem exists? You may get some popping from the exhaust due to pc not being on but at least you'll see if she cuts off or not.

As far as the FI light goes follow thread below and leave wire in. Ride around and when light flashes on again it will also display the error code if there is an actual error. Then let us know.

>>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-diagnose-fi-light-obtain-ecu-fault-code.html <<<

it almost sounds like you have an electrical short somewhere. ???

boy, i donno. check all your wireing though, and make sure nothing is pinched under the tank.

it almost sounds like you have an electrical short somewhere. ???

boy, i donno. check all your wireing though, and make sure nothing is pinched under the tank.

That's what I initially thought but would a short happen all the time same time at same speed?
That's why I was guessing something electrical that would be able to have a problem everytime same time.

I'll try working with the PC and see how that affects it. Gimmie a few days, I live in New Orleans and its raining non-stop right now, lol! I've never felt with a power commander before. This one was already installed when I bought it. I guess it's time I learned! Thanks for all the info.
I don't have the disc for the PC...if anyone know of the link do download the maps and such I'd appreciate it. Also I run a MacBook Pro, will that he a problem? I have a HP laptop that doesn't see use anymore and could start using it again of the PC3 isn't apple compatible.
Again, thanks!

Sounds to me like it may be a program/map/pc3 issue. Have you removed pc3 and seen if same problem exists? You may get some popping from the exhaust due to pc not being on but at least you'll see if she cuts off or not.

As far as the FI light goes follow thread below and leave wire in. Ride around and when light flashes on again it will also display the error code if there is an actual error. Then let us know.

>>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-diagnose-fi-light-obtain-ecu-fault-code.html <<<

I followed the link and I believe that's for the 08 and up bikes. I'm rolling on an 04. Don't see a white plug under my seat. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

This sounds a bit like when my fuel filter screen was plugged with gunk. Would run fine for a bit as the junk started to collect on the screen, then under high demand there wouldn't be enough fuel flow, and it would fall on it's face. If I shut it off for a few minutes, then restarted, enough junk would have fallen off and it would run fine, for a while. Drop the fuel pump and see what's doing.

Back