Motor Cuts Out At Acceleration

marcair

Registered
2 months ago it would cut out once or twice at 3-4k during typical acceleration, engine cold or hot and not repeat for a few days. I figured junk in the fuel. The issue has become more frequent. Recently, at 5-7k it repeatedly cut out until I slowed and exited the hyway. Continuing home, would repeat if acceleration was a little more than granny driving.

No consistency other than now appears only when the engine is warm. I can wot and drive aggressive sometimes without issue. And other times, during the same drive, the cut out pattern begins and repeats, and repeats. Never happens in the garage.

so, new fuel pump, regulator, lines, filters,.. disconnected powercommander V, coils good, plugs good..no change. Have also fumbled with the wiring looking for shorts. Nothing.

No codes.
Any comments would be most helpful. Located in southern Cal.

2 months ago it would cut out once or twice at 3 - 4,000 during typical acceleration,
engine cold or hot and not repeat for a few days. I figured junk in the fuel.

The issue has become more frequent.

Recently, at 5 - 7,000 it repeatedly cut out until I slowed and exited the highway.

Continuing home, would repeat if acceleration was a little more than granny driving.

No consistency other than now appears only when the engine is warm.

I can wot and drive aggressive sometimes without issue.

And other times, during the same drive,
the cut out pattern begins and repeats, and repeats.

Never happens in the garage.

so, new fuel pump, regulator, lines, filters,..
disconnected power commander V,
coils good, plugs good..no change.

Have also fumbled with the wiring looking for shorts.

Nothing.

No codes.

Any comments would be most helpful.

Located in southern California .

There are some really good roads to ride & fair weather here in California ~ however Southern California Air Quality Management District ruined our fuel . . .

I had a real headache of a problem on my 2001, had me scratching my head for well over a year, changed so much, my symptoms were low power all a cross the Rev range and bad misfiring over 9000rpm.
The problem turned out to be a faulty CKPS (crankshaft position sensor).
I was told by a seasoned Suzuki dealer mechanic, that if one becomes faulty, it throws up all sorts of engine running problems.
Seeing as you've changed all the fuel items, that cause those type of symptoms, I'd be looking at a faulty sensor.

All is well. Removed the power commander unit from the system. Will send to mfr. Trouble free after a 200m spirited drive up the coast. Downs engineering did an excellent rebuild to 1550cc

Does it only happen in second gear? Or all gears.

Back