engine building

busacharged

Registered
If I took, say a muzzy billet big block which he says with a +7.5 stroker crank will come out to 1661 cc and built the motor, then reinstalled the turbo, to lower the compression in a setup like this would a spacer be good enough (13.1) or would I need turbo pistons and a spacer. This is an example setup that I may explore in the near future, Does anyone here run a big bore and turbo? Your input is appreciated. thanx, bcharged.
race.gif

Do you really need the BIG BORE with a TURBO?
rock.gif

MOTORHEAD is getting close to 600HP to the tire with stock displacement!
super.gif

Even if you could get the thing to start, I would think it wouldn't take much to go BOOM!
wow.gif

If I took, say a muzzy billet big block which he says with a +7.5 stroker crank will come out to 1661 cc and built the motor, then reinstalled the turbo, to lower the compression in a setup like this would a spacer be good enough (13.1) or would I need turbo pistons and a spacer. This is an example setup that I may explore in the near future, Does anyone here run a big bore and turbo? Your input is appreciated. thanx, bcharged.  
race.gif
The Muzzy Big Block ( 86mm ) and the 8,5mm ( never heard of a 7,5mm ) stroker yield 1661ccm.
The stroker crank are made for TTS in England and are supplied with rods that are 2,5mm SHORTER than the OEM rods. This means that you have to use a 2mm spacer plate with the stroker crank.

If you want to lower the compression you must put on a 5mm spacerplate instead of the 2mm to bring down the compression from 13-1 down to around 9,2-1.
If you want to use the Turbo pistons U still have to use the 5mm spacer but the compression drops a little further down to around 9-1 depending on the piston design.

Big CC racing in England have a turbo with 1585ccm.

Well one advantage to haveing a big bore turbo bike is on no boost you would have more power which would be one nice advatage i may consider in the future

Back