End of the riding season for me

06+5 bussa

Registered
Went to the track for the3rd time this yr. and 2nd gear is popping out now:banghead: Ran my best time also of a 6.66@115.06 with a 1.79 60'. Anyone close by that can hook me up lol.Got to get it fixed better than stock so it doesn't happen again.Thanks for any info. guys. Oh i'm in Lynchburg Va. don't mind driving 2hrs. or so to get it fixed. Thanks again

samething happend with my 06 my 2cents would say get your second gear under cut and prolly a new shift fork parts wise its only like $100-$200 cant remember exactly thats with out new gaskets mine were still good after disassembly thats all it cost me though me and a friend of mine did all the labor thats where all the big money comes in if you cant do the labor yourself

same on my 02 had 28 on her when it happened fount out it way easyer maybe a bit more expensive but i found a whole motor droped it in happy days now and i still have a motor for parts minus a shift fork:poke:

Riding or racing season, hope you have another bike, I would hate not being to able to ride something.

Hate to hear that bud, hope you get it worked out.

Do it at the bridge~?~

Hate to hear that bud, hope you get it worked out.

Do it at the bridge~?~
Yes at the bridge. I hope someone can point me to somebody that can do it and be trusted to do it the right way the first time. If this was my Z28 i'd be done by now lol. There has got to be somebody with in driving distence that can do this..........I hope lol

get the tranny under cut ...its where the cogs that mesh the sides of the gears together are cut like this / / (exagerated but you get the idea) instead of like this = (stock) that way when they mesh together they hold over a slightly larger surface and have to actually spin apart a bit more before it can actually move away...its a crude drawing but you get the idea i hope

Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:
get the tranny under cut ...its where the cogs that mesh the sides of the gears together are cut like this / / (exagerated but you get the idea) instead of like this = (stock) that way when they mesh together they hold over a slightly larger surface and have to actually spin apart a bit more before it can actually move away...its a crude drawing but you get the idea i hope
Thats what i'm going to get done when the work gets done. Everybody that i have talked to bout doing the work says thats the way to go. Thanks for the info.

Back