As the riding season ends for some...

Tached1300

Registered
Luckily I’m usually able to ride year round just less frequently or shorter distances during the winter months. My goal is simply to move the bike at least once a week.

I love the Fall but hate when the leaves are all over the road, not my pics but borrowed these with leaves on them as an example definitely not fun on wet mountain roads. It takes some extra focus while scanning surveying the roads for hazards especially when the sun is out and shadows from trees are casted onto the road surface.

One advantage is that once the leaves are finally gone there’s added visibility along the roadside and greater views of the country side.

Many of us are coming up on the end of another riding season, what areas have you progressed to satisfaction and what areas need attention next riding season or before then? This could be bike modifications, skills as a rider, places to visit, a mileage goal etc...

99BC78D8-5A1D-470A-A130-03641C53128E.png

DBD98273-320F-4961-BAD8-33181A234FBF.png

My big mission is losing weight. I need to drop 50 lbs. It's as much about extending my riding career as anything else.

I also am still waiting on the shop to return my busa. Pushing to get mods done really got me behind on everything else. So I just couldn't justify tearing it apart again with the new QS. Shop has had it for 4 weeks now!

Looks like the busa is going to miss the riding season after all.

My big mission is losing weight. I need to drop 50 lbs. It's as much about extending my riding career as anything else.

I also am still waiting on the shop to return my busa. Pushing to get mods done really got me behind on everything else. So I just couldn't justify tearing it apart again with the new QS. Shop has had it for 4 weeks now!

I had to go to urgent care lastnight to get a steroid shot for my back/neck spasms this happens or flares up every few years since I first injured it years ago, I slept in an awkward position and it aggravated things, when they weighed me I was 242lbs. At my heaviest I’ve been up to 265, I’d like to stay around 235-242 don’t want to be less than 225 because I look like a string bean

Last edited:
My bikes are pretty much like I want so the 3 month hibernation consists of mostly home repairs and projects, reading, smoking cigars and watching sports and movies. And waiting...with my eye on the weather.

I don't plan on many if any mods. I may when my warranty is up next July. After that maybe block of plates and an ECU flash. I normally get a couple/few rides in during to 3 coldest months. I will do so 35 degrees and up if no salt on the road. I try to get at least 30 miles in or more depending on how cold it is. As I get more miles on the bike and have to replace parts then I will think of more upgrades (e.g. chain, sprockets).

I don't plan on many if any mods. I may when my warranty is up next July. After that maybe block of plates and an ECU flash. I normally get a couple/few rides in during to 3 coldest months. I will do so 35 degrees and up if no salt on the road. I try to get at least 30 miles in or more depending on how cold it is. As I get more miles on the bike and have to replace parts then I will think of more upgrades (e.g. chain, sprockets).
Yeah I’m at that point where I will replace stuff as it needs to be versus just because lots I want to but not until I have wear and tear on what I have now. I’m just enjoying riding as is now

Front end service on the bike, fork oil and steering head bearings. Get a new riding jacket and paint my 14 from the crash I had awhile back. Start working on the maxima for ny little girl she should have her license early next year...yeeaa...sorta

Four weeks? Are they gettin to it when they...get to it?

Back