First Ride of the season doesn't start well :(

Banshee807

Registered
So the weather has been pretty warm lately and the salt and sand build up is starting to disappear from the roads so I figured I'd sort the bike out for the spring and go for a ride.

20 mins into the ride I decide to stop for a bite to eat I come out from the restaurant 15 mins later. I go to hop on the bike and notice the kickstand has been driven into the pavement, my first thought is maybe some fat ass sat on it while it was parked, then I walk around to the other side of the bike... All bad news! Best I can figure it looks like a car didn't see the bike and tried to park in the same spot and hit the front tire square on as it was turned to the left.

I searched the parking lot looking for any cars with marks on the front and hung around for a bit hoping someone was looking for me to tell me what happened. No such luck! Way to be responsible whoever you are!:cussing:

Thank god the bike didn't end up on it's side and was rideable home. Damage I can tell is right side upper, lower, and front fender plastics are cracked (Cracks are about 4" long I'm hoping some fiberglass on the back and paint will be able to fix it, any tips would be appreciated.) and worst is the bike has a wobble to it now. I thought it might be the front forks or triple clamp at first but measuring the forks they appear to still be even (Any other ways to double check this?). I also took the front wheel off and the rim is bent so I'm hoping that's the only source of the wobble. The stock rim from the dealer is gonna run about $300-400 I'm told so I'm reaching out to the Org to ask if anyone has a front wheel for sale, or alternatively a set of reasonably priced aftermarket rims front and rear as I might take this as a chance to upgrade. Bike is 2007 Gen I Busa so I'm hoping someone might have something laying around in the garage.

All in all riding season is here, cages are as oblivious as always and I hope this is the worst story of the season although we all know not going to be.

Ride Safe,

Josh

that is some crappy news,im always paranoid of that same thing happening to me as well.hope someone can help you out :beerchug:

Sorry to hear, sux to know how irresposible people are. Id check the right rotor to see if its strait that would give a wobble to I d think.

Sorry to hear this, no-one nowadays seems to accept responsability for their actions, just run and hope noboby finds out. Hope you can get this fixed with a minimal amount of hassle and spend.

Sorry for the bad luck. I have a set of black 06 and a set of silver 06l limited editions for sale in immaculate condition. $275 either set

That sucks to hear Josh. However it is a sobering reminder for the new riding season that cagers are indeed oblivious to those of us on two wheels. :(

not cool at all! i purposely park my bike more towards the edge of the space in fear that this would happen to me so some dumb cager realizes that the space is occupied.

There were cameras on the light posts but apparently their not working yet as its a newer commercial complex. Btw one more thing to piss me off, sure enough because of insurance loop holes (bloody legal thieves in Ontario, Canada) because it was in a parking lot I'm not covered, atleast not without a prohibitively expensive rate hike as I insure multiple bikes.

There were cameras on the light posts but apparently their not working yet as its a newer commercial complex. Btw one more thing to piss me off, sure enough because of insurance loop holes (bloody legal thieves in Ontario, Canada) because it was in a parking lot I'm not covered, atleast not without a prohibitively expensive rate hike as I insure multiple bikes.
wtf? so, what about the owner of the lot? are they responsible for any damages or stolen items, blah,blah? i would try that angle to see how it pans out. what do you have to lose.

I'm very paranoid of the same thing happening. I always have my bike backed up to the rear of the parking spot, so any car can see me sticking out alil. Cager's are def naive around here as well. I hope things work out w/ the insurance.

:welcome:people these days just don't GAF anymore...careless...constantly distracting themselves from responsibilities at hand wether it be cellphones, chatting or just plain o'le "not paying attention"...

everyday after work i stop at a liquor store just blocks away from our machine shop and have a cold one...(1)...cold one...usually a Sparks 7.0 or a Tilt 8.0 but...just one...and usually burn 2-3 cigs while standing there winding down and people watching at the Karate School/Thia Restaurant/Liquor Store/Insurance strip plaza...right across the street from Tradition Field/Mets Stadium...and i park in the spaces right in front of the breezeway..and?..

you wouldn't believe how many times folks don't see my bike (because it's hidden by the vehicle parked in the adjacent space) and assume the spot is empty and come whipping right in on it...which has caused me to choke on my energy drink type ale on more than one occassion...ignorant...inattentive jackazzs...who then apologize as they exit their vehicle and stroll on by me standing right there.

gotta be on the ball these days cause most other folk definantly "Ain't". :banghead:

chickenshid basterds prolly still trying to concince himself that he didn't know he hit it...my condolences man..but the guys are onto sump'tin here...there may be some survielance footage somewheres...ask around.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
So the weather has been pretty warm lately and the salt and sand build up is starting to disappear from the roads so I figured I'd sort the bike out for the spring and go for a ride.

20 mins into the ride I decide to stop for a bite to eat I come out from the restaurant 15 mins later. I go to hop on the bike and notice the kickstand has been driven into the pavement, my first thought is maybe some fat ass sat on it while it was parked, then I walk around to the other side of the bike... All bad news! Best I can figure it looks like a car didn't see the bike and tried to park in the same spot and hit the front tire square on as it was turned to the left.

I searched the parking lot looking for any cars with marks on the front and hung around for a bit hoping someone was looking for me to tell me what happened. No such luck! Way to be responsible whoever you are!:cussing:

Thank god the bike didn't end up on it's side and was rideable home. Damage I can tell is right side upper, lower, and front fender plastics are cracked (Cracks are about 4" long I'm hoping some fiberglass on the back and paint will be able to fix it, any tips would be appreciated.) and worst is the bike has a wobble to it now. I thought it might be the front forks or triple clamp at first but measuring the forks they appear to still be even (Any other ways to double check this?). I also took the front wheel off and the rim is bent so I'm hoping that's the only source of the wobble. The stock rim from the dealer is gonna run about $300-400 I'm told so I'm reaching out to the Org to ask if anyone has a front wheel for sale, or alternatively a set of reasonably priced aftermarket rims front and rear as I might take this as a chance to upgrade. Bike is 2007 Gen I Busa so I'm hoping someone might have something laying around in the garage.

All in all riding season is here, cages are as oblivious as always and I hope this is the worst story of the season although we all know not going to be.

Ride Safe,

Josh
lotta parts fs at psychobike
gl

Back