Electric shifter vs Air shifter

for many and is slow to shift compared to an air shifter but maybe thats not an issue for you.

my buddy has a Harley and has a problem shifting from an ankle injury and therefore wanted an electric shifter. he bought the Pingel. his electronic box that controls the shifter cylinder went bad twice and the shift cylinder was replaced about 1 year of use and the rod broke inside of it. its over priced, unreliable, heavy and doesnt shift as fast as an air shifter and its more electrical chit for the busa has to handle.

they just dont seem to stand the test of time for every day shifting and are probably more of a dragrace application but considering they dont shift as fast it kinda defeats that sole purpose imo.

they have to work well for some people but in all my years going to drag strip and looking over others bike I have NEVER seen one on a bike and many of these bikes had $40-50k into them so it wasnt price.

this company has been around like 15 years but dont know much about them. Push Button*Electronic Gearchange, Electric Shifter, Quickshifter, Flatshifter, Disabled Bike Adaptations

Thats what ive been waiting for, I think its going to be a CO2 kit for me. Thanks for outlining that and yup why go for the slower shifting system, especially if there are reliability issues.

I think if it was a couple hundered bucks id role the dice on one myself but they are quite steep. and I also think with an electric shifter you would tend you use if quite often cause ur not concerned about using up ur Co2 when you really might need it to run another bike or car on the street. and since you can down shift with it as well it will see quite a bit of use if set up that way.

chit, I would be happy shifting 100% of the time with a button but that continued use I think plays a role on its reliability.

This is why an air shifter is a good idea ...

drag race time run - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back