EBC HH on the rear: broken in...

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Most of you will recall that I just replaced both sets of brakes... front/rear.

I went ahead and put the HH pads on the rear as well even though most on this board didn't seem to recommend it.

First thoughts... the rear brake is still extremely weak despite the pads and steel-braided brake lines. Does the rear lock up easier? Yes, it will lock up quicker with applied force then the regular stock pads. It takes some time getting used to the new feel of the rear brake. The same force applied with the stock brakes will not lock the rear like the HH pads do. The HH pads don't lock-up easy as you may think and I think they are highly usable although lock-up may happen quicker then stock pads.

Do I think its dangerous? I don't think so... It does lock up quicker with applied force, but I like the pads overall and it is not a matter of the rear locking up all the time or too quick, etc... I think it is just more getting used to the different pads and getting the feel of how much force can be applied until the rear locks up...

So far... no regrets and at this point I think I will be putting HH pads on the rear from now on if nothing else, the extra pad life will be a warm welcome.

Increased stopping power with HH pads on rear? I don't think so... I think the only gain in getting those pads were the extra life.

Price... When I bought the rears from the dealer, the difference between the regular pads and the HH pads was lik $5. For the small difference in price, I would go with the HH pads, but if the price difference was extreme, I may stick to regular pads on the rear...

I had SBS HH pads on the front before I put the EBC HH pads on. I think they both feel the same and I can't tell the difference between the two.

Cloud

I AGREE CLOUD 9, I've had the ebc hh pads on the rear for a while now and I like them, not that I use the rear brake much anyway. If you use them you will get use to it, it's not like the rear will lock up the second you touch the lever.

I've got EBC HH pads all the way around on mine and they work fine. No major lock up issues.Make some noise on the front though.

Back