EBay / Cycle Trader Busa's

Lama

Registered
I am looking to purchase a Busa' to celebrate my 20 year anniversary of riding into a Suzuki dealership on a Kawasaki ZX900 Ninja 900 and riding out on the then revolutionary 1986 Suzuki GSXR1100. That machine, more than any other, has left and indullable imprint on my psyche that I feel I must pay homage to. In my opinion the GSX1300R is the highest form of evolution Suzuki has to offer in lineup that traces it's heritage back to the '86 Gixxer.

I'm also geting too old to deal with the GSXR riding position. Yes, even saying that sucks.

In my recent quest for all things Busa', my internet search for "bikes for sale" has led me to Ebay and the like.

These searches have me wondering: Why so many Busa's for sale in the US? Seems like there are 30 or more "fresh" bikes on Ebay, and another 50 each on all the Cycle Trader type sites. Is there something wrong with the bike that there are so many for sale?

I am familiar with with guys who get "squiddish" after buying a new superbike. You know they buy one just to find out soon after that they have no business being on one, or feel it's going to kill them.

Is this the case with the Busa' because of it's high power delivery, or is there an ergonomic, economic or mechanical fault that it not discussed on these enthusiasts boards?

Also, does ANYONE have any data on the 2006 Hayabusa?

Thanks.

data on the 2006's .... they'll be for sale soon
tounge.gif
I'm guessing that the bike simply scares people. Veterans to sportbikes ride a busa , get off and say," DAYUM!" then are quiet for 5 minutes while they reflect on what they just experienced. newbies get off the bike, run into the house and change their undies!
laugh.gif
Another reason is that they are NOT cheap! peopler realize they are in over their heads and try to get out asap. just my .02

oh, and wecome to the board
biggrin.gif

fyi ... the 05's have no widely reported mechanical issues although there are two cases of tranny failure posted to the board this year.

Thanks for the welcome, nice folks on this board it seems!

Okay, the Busa' is a beast, but how in the heck are guys selling '05 LTD's with like 250 miles on it for a loss. And there are lots of those deals going.

I keep a bike up till I have wrung out just about all the fun (and engine life!!) I can out of it, then sell or trade.

I'm just hoping there isn't "something" negative about the Busa'. Guess I'll find out soon. Just deciding on wether to wait for the '06 to truly have a 20 year GSX-R tribute bike, or to get a low mileage current black framed Busa' for a good deal.

My advice, buy now and start enjoying it. When the '06 does arrive it won't be any cheaper and you won't find a deal on it until next year sometime.

welcome to the board
biggrin.gif
ithink a lot of why you are seeing so many for sale is that some people buy them thinking they arnt that big on power and it scares them a little the other ones are the people who dodnt check on inshurance before they buy seen cases of both most were sold with under a thousand miles
wink.gif

This the time of year for buyers. Its going to be too cold soon for many, so people offload their bikes.

Never sell in fall and never buy in spring!
biggrin.gif

when i was looking for my bike around may/june, hayabusa'z were definetly the minority... I think there going to just get cheaper and cheaper the months ahead... if i were you i would hold out and wait for the 06s, but thats only because my season it about up... gl and remember it only goes as fast as you it tell it...

PimpN

Welcome to the board. You can probably get a better deal on an 05 if you wait till the 06 comes out, but it may be hard to locate one if you wait too long. I personally don't think they are gonna change for 06. My .02

welcome to the board
biggrin.gif
ithink a lot of why you are seeing so many for sale is that some people buy them thinking they arnt that big on power and it scares them a little the other ones are the people who dodnt check on inshurance before they buy seen cases of both most were sold with under a thousand miles
wink.gif
+1

86 GSXR 1100...Wow, Thats great. Have fun w/ the new bike. If I were you, I'd wait till 07'...

Welcome to the board.

As someone above mentioned. A lot of riders purchase a Busa and after they get it they realize it is way to much bike for them.

Another issue is a lot of Busa that are sold rather quickly after purchase was done so by younger folks, and if they are not selling it because they realize it is too much bike, they are probably selling it because they find out AFTER they have already purchased it that insurance on the Busa will be higher than the payments for the bike itself.

If you are like under 25 with some tickets, the insurance company will pretty much rape you and wont even give you a kiss or a courtesy wrap around

Back