Put my ad in cycle trader...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I went ahead and submitted an ad on cycletrader.com. I was talkin' with the folks at my dealer yesterday and they said good used bikes ALWAYS bring top dollar through cycletrader. Spoke with another dealer that said not to take less than $8500 for my bike given it's condition. So, off to the trader it is...

Fwiw, I did get an $8k offer this morning from someone who saw the ad on this site (Rev, you and yer goons are slippin'...
laugh.gif
). I just couldn't jump on that offer with the two dealers tellin' me it'd bring what I'm askin' for it. My situation is not as pressing as it was when I first posted it for sale so I can afford to gamble on gettin' what it's worth now. The day I posted it I prolly would have jumped all over the $8k offer.

Anyway, we'll see how the ad does when it gets posted. I hope the dealers are right...

And here's the pic I took today for the ad. Didn't have one with the stock seats so I had to swap 'em on to make one. Just ain't the same bike without the Tobin seats is it?
rock.gif

Suzuki_GSX1300R_Hayabusa.jpg

And there's prolly not another busa on the planet with a better documented history than Da' Train. Hell, I even posted pics from the oil changes.
biggrin.gif
If the search feature worked good enough someone could come to this site and know anything they wanted to know about 'er.
wink.gif

Ad is up as of right now. Just got a phone call from Trader Publications verifying my info and got the email sayin' it's activated. Now we'll see just how well cycletrader online works. I'll keep you updated...

Ad is HERE if you want to see it.

Interesting... I used the check price feature below my ad. Average price for comparable bikes is $89XX...
rock.gif

not my buisness, but you should be all over the 8 grand !!!!in a heart beat !!but good luck to ya!!!

Deal pending for $8500... To be picked up Friday. Not through cycletrader though. It's with the guy who made the offer after seein' it here. He's in Jax, FL.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097447109 -->

Good luck on your sell. Are you planning later on getting another busa ?

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097448310 -->

I will say this if he comes through he will be getting a smoking deal. You can barely find a stock 03 in that condition with low miles for $8500. Not to mention you have every thing done to it that every busa owner should do (Gen 3, PCIIIR,Pair block offs). I'm sure the new owner of this bike will be very happy and you BT will be a little depressed about selling such an awsome bike.
wink.gif

Good luck on your sell. Are you planning later on getting another busa ?
Not decided 100% on what the replacement will be. I'm thinkin' about another busa of course but I'm also lookin' at two other options. It may depend on what Zuk decides on for the '05 LE color. I have a sneaking suspicion it's gonna be a solid blue metallic/pearl. Haven't heard that anywhere, it's just a hunch. If that's the case I'll look for a left over red '04 LE if I go busa... If I get another busa I think it will definitely be an LE for the blacked out frame and bits.

I will say this if he comes through he will be getting a smoking deal. You can barely find a stock 03 in that condition with low miles for $8500. Not to mention you have every thing done to it that every busa owner should do (Gen 3, PCIIIR,Pair block offs). I'm sure the new owner of this bike will be very happy and you BT will be a little depressed about selling such an awsome bike.
wink.gif
I've got a sick feelin' in my stomache right now and he hasn't came through yet. It'll be a sad day to see it go. The only way I'm able to do it is knowin' that it will take such a load of stress off of my shoulders and knowin' that I won't have to be without two wheels for long. If this wouldn't completely wipe the slate clean on my finances so quickly I'd just keep it and suffer through. I just think this is the best thing for me to do.

It's all good. I'll be railin' on two again soon. Hell, no more than I get to ride I'll prolly have another bike by the time I could take a nice ride anyway.
biggrin.gif

Damn C......it all feels so real now......no more BulletTrain.
Is she gone yet???  
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097472858 -->

Back