easy on the oil changes

Give them time, it will soon be a law that makes it illegal for 3000 mile oil changes.

Even my old Honda Blackbird had 8000 mile oil change intervals. 3000 miles is just a waste of money and oil. Our VW diesel has 10,000 mile intervals.

I change the oil in my little truck every 4000 miles, but it has 160,000 miles on it and will use a quart or so in that period of time/miles. It'd close to change itself in 7500.
Do the Busa every 4000 too. Using full synthetic in both, so very little, to no, actual crude oil usage involved.

Busa is 6K, Sable is 12K, F-150 6K, Tribeca 6K, Tercel never because it burns through oil faster than you can change it. On the cars I use high mileage synthetic oil and this seems to be working well for me. On the Busa I use Amsoil and turn 120 miles a day to work and back on 90% interstate.

I'm guilty :laugh: my 1969 Nova with it's 10qt swing out pan, remote filter and oil cooler totaling 12 qts gets it's full synthetic oil changed every 2500 mi.

Although I only drive it 1000-1500 per year and I change it so often cause I run nitrous :moon:

I change the oil in my car every 3K. With cars I drive em till they are dead or leave me sitting 3 times. My last 3 cars had around 280K miles before I resigned them due to suspension issues. NONE of them burned oil!
Oil gets fine grit which cause enternal engine scoring leave fine scratches on cylinder walls, valve guides and bearings. So the longer you leave that fine grit oil in the more your sanding your enternals.

I believe they are starting this chit for many reasons to benifit them. 1, I am sure NEW car sales are down with the economy so this will force the consumer into buying a new car sooner. 2, the damn tree huggers worrying about the enviroment.

Yes, I know the oil filter is supposed to capture all these fine little particles but really, is an oil filter perfect in catching everything? If an oil filter is supposed to keep oil clean why is it that my oil becomes darker? What is the dark coloration? Hmmmmm dirt? Ya think?? :whistle:

Everything at 3k, the environment doesn't matter as much as my motors health, matter a fact, gonna do it 2500 this season just to make up for the others lack of oil usage...

Droidy Droid

If everyone cuts down on the number of changes they do, then they'll just cut the number of barrels of crude again and raise the prices to compensate for the lesser demand.

Use Asoil motorcycle oil and the lousy Middle East doesn't get squat for money. Stays here in the USA. I wish I could find E-85 in Tampa for my truck. I'd rather pay a US farmer than an angry muslim for fuel.

If everyone cuts down on the number of changes they do, then they'll just cut the number of barrels of crude again and raise the prices to compensate for the lesser demand.

Less demand less money. That's why price per barrel is still kinda high but price per gallon is getting lower. As soon as demand rises, so will the price.

Use Asoil motorcycle oil and the lousy Middle East doesn't get squat for money. Stays here in the USA. I wish I could find E-85 in Tampa for my truck. I'd rather pay a US farmer than an angry muslim for fuel.

The government offsets each gallon of "corn gas" and it raises the price of food. How about the new pipe line... e85 is a waste...unless you like paying higher taxes

I use Amsoil pre-mix oil in my dirt bike. Need to check out some of the Amsoil stuff for my truck too I guess (been using Valvoline synthetic).
Use Motul 300V in the Busa. it's a French made vegetable oil based synthetic concoction. Best oil I've ever found, hands down. And the Arab emigrate countries don't get anything out of it either.

My Busa gets 2 changes a year..;. full syn. i have been riding maybe 4K a year....so i think a am doing OK with That.
On the other hand my 06 Subaru WRX..... even highway commuting the oil turns nasty nasty i 3k..Something about the turbo cooking it.. and i use full syn in that too...I do think those that change it every 1k is overkill....in their bikes. Think too that every time you do a oil AND filter change... your rod and main bearings run dry for a sec or too. One time the oil pump didn't prime...it took way to long for the light to go out...I could hear the bearings...not a good thing for sure ....each to their own though....

im guilty:whistle: the bike gets changed once a year with amsoil but only 2k' ish miles, the cars get mobile 1 and 5k-6k miles

Back