Dyno Tunning

SSGT_B

Registered
Bike is off to the tuners. Anyone want to guess at the numbers? I’m hoping to see at least 115/120 out of it. They will be playing with the exhaust baffles as well as taking it down to a 2/1 if that’s what the bike needs. This is not my stock dyno sheet but is a stock 107.

IMG_9965.jpeg

Well I got under 2K in the motor, and that’s just parts as I’ve done all the labor sans what the tune will cost me. It won’t be Busa power, but it will be much better than where it was stock.
I'd imagine you have to add the cost for the exhaust, filter and the final tuning to know what you will have in it at the end...

You will notice an improvement....

Well I got under 2K in the motor, and that’s just parts as I’ve done all the labor sans what the tune will cost me. It won’t be Busa power, but it will be much better than where it was stock.
Come to think of it, the guy that had the Fat Boy was a bit of a tool-bag.....at the time I was in the base motorcycle club and generally rode my heavily breathed on 1200 Bandit to the rides because it was comfortable...

Once he got his modifications done, he wanted to run me because my bike was "only" a 1200....he had no clue about bikes....the next week I brought my modified GSXR to the ride and asked him if the wanted to run this bike because it was "only" a 1000......he declined.

Too bad because his Fat Boy was a nice bike...one of my favorite HD bikes...

Update. Bike has been in shop for last three days. It falls dead at 4k rpm. They have now switched to using techno research diagnostic tools as it is not throwing codes but something is not right. My Christmas present was not supposed to be me spending more money…………

No pie
Ah yes, the pleasures of modifications....

Hopefully it's something simple and inexpensive......

Might be a few more weeks. They still have no clue why it dies off at 3100 and comes back alive at 4k. They’ve sent several files over to Dino jet waiting to see if they can figure it out but the shop owner is going to be gone the next 10 days so it’ll be a while longer.

Jerry not to seem like beating up on HD or your decision to go that path . Its just a performance vs dollar and weight comparison.
A friend just bought a 2024 $43,xxx CVO with the 500 watt Stereo system . Wears a half helmet to hear said music , and disturbs everyone else where he rides.
Any decent Helmet speaker system sounds better to the rider , and cost $250 bucks average .
He was all excited to have Showa forks ( Japanese parts on HD ) however they only have one adjustment for rebound on one fork leg .

My BMW is no RJ or Busa lvl acceleration , but it handles better with its lower CG , and the 105 Tq makes smiles with the 140 hp .
I know you like to tinker so not sure the BMW is a tinker style bike as for the most part need nothing due to all the bells / whistles already installed .
Maybe a slip on or windscreen swap . Most common mod is Aux lights and luggage additions or alterations to luggage

Jerry not to seem like beating up on HD or your decision to go that path . Its just a performance vs dollar and weight comparison.
A friend just bought a 2024 $43,xxx CVO with the 500 watt Stereo system . Wears a half helmet to hear said music , and disturbs everyone else where he rides.
Any decent Helmet speaker system sounds better to the rider , and cost $250 bucks average .
He was all excited to have Showa forks ( Japanese parts on HD ) however they only have one adjustment for rebound on one fork leg .

My BMW is no RJ or Busa lvl acceleration , but it handles better with its lower CG , and the 105 Tq makes smiles with the 140 hp .
I know you like to tinker so not sure the BMW is a tinker style bike as for the most part need nothing due to all the bells / whistles already installed .
Maybe a slip on or windscreen swap . Most common mod is Aux lights and luggage additions or alterations to luggage
Hi. Did you put in a new ECU or an add on tuner? Could be a defect in them or a sensor? Eric at DAS does a lot of performance work on HD's . Maybe he can help.

I do like to tinker but not when it leads to 3+ weeks in a shop. What I did should not have caused this issue. I’m almost certain the ecu is bad but they want to explore other avenues before throwing a 400 dollar part at a guess. If this gets sorted soon I’ll be happy with the results. Suspension and audio have all been addressed. My last path was this cam swap. Who knows. Might just get another bike to have when one is down. Was really hopeful to be riding this weekend but that’s the breaks I suppose.

@michael.

I have the powervision tuner with widebands, that’s one of the reasons the shop is reaching out to dyno jet. Bike goes limp at 3100 and wakes back up at 4k. Biggest thing we see is it will not throw codes no matter what you disconnect or do to it. That at least in the car world would point to a bad ecu.

Good luck with the tuning ! If only ECU Editor worked on a Harley.

I had Hammer Performance port my heads on my 01 Sportster, 1250 kit, 600 cams, 2-1 exhaust and she moves. Went with a bigger carb so tuning was easier for me. He does have a few big twins dyno runs but you need go through 50 or Sportster runs.

If they can't figure it out give Hammer a call maybe they can help.

Last edited:
Back