Dyno-tuning? Is it worth it

edcop

Banned
Is it worth getting your busa dyno-tuned?
My busa seems to run fine and everything but cant make up my mind if i wanna get it tuned or not.

My 08 busa has never been tuned before, it has a full Tiforce exhaust and power commander3. Will getting it dyno-tuned make much of a difference?

I think it is, I had a bike that had similar mods as you and before tuning the bike ran 6 teens in the 1/8 with about a 1.55 60'. Had the bike tuned and it ran 5.85 with the same 60'. The state of tune may seem good like mine did but after being tuned I could notice a big difference in the way the bike pulled.

You could get around 10hp, ballpark, but your idle and throttle response will be much better. The power curve will be alot smoother too. Well worth it, assuming the tuner knows what he's doing.

Is it worth getting your busa dyno-tuned?

My 08 busa has never been tuned before, it has a full Tiforce exhaust and power commander3. Will getting it dyno-tuned make much of a difference?

You can probably find the correct map from another member whose got the same setup and has had theirs done on a dyno. (I have an 09 with the same setup and the map I'm using is from the person who installed and tuned mine). I'm not sure how to copy a map from pc3 to pc3, but I'm sure it can be done.

I'd say if you went the distance to get the Ti & pc3, you may as well finish it up right. I'd think you'd have to have some sluggishness without it having a good map, even around town or commuting, but for sure on the track.

Getting mine done Tuesday. Has a full Yoshi r-77, but i think its the TRC Carbon and a K&N race filter. Will try to let you know the results!

You can probably find the correct map from another member whose got the same setup and has had theirs done on a dyno. (I have an 09 with the same setup and the map I'm using is from the person who installed and tuned mine). I'm not sure how to copy a map from pc3 to pc3, but I'm sure it can be done.

I'd say if you went the distance to get the Ti & pc3, you may as well finish it up right. I'd think you'd have to have some sluggishness without it having a good map, even around town or commuting, but for sure on the track.

Getting a map from a bike set up the same as another is better than a base map, but a dyno tune will still improve your bike.
You can mod 2 identical bikes the same and dyno one of them. You can then put the map in the untuned bike and dyno it, you will still find small improvements.

Custom dyno-tune by a reputable tuner is always well worth the money if you have the mods to need one

Getting a map from a bike set up the same as another is better than a base map, but a dyno tune will still improve your bike.
You can mod 2 identical bikes the same and dyno one of them. You can then put the map in the untuned bike and dyno it, you will still find small improvements.

Gotcha. Makes sense. It sounded like he was trying to avoid spending money and that seemed the most effective way to get it better than the base.

Gotcha. Makes sense. It sounded like he was trying to avoid spending money and that seemed the most effective way to get it better than the base.

No, I agree with you. Dynoing is the best way, but personally I'de run your dyno map if I had the same or similiar setup(assuming the bike ran well). :beerchug:

I'm actually getting a map from a member to try in mine now.

Its worth it. Everyone that has had it done seems to be amazed at the difference and very happy with it.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I got one more problem, one shop i called wants $350 and another shop I called wants $250. I know nothing about either shop.

Maybe the shop that charges $100 more does a better job?

This may sound a little sarcastic, but to reconfirm it. It IS.

$11,000 for a new bike
$1,100 for a new pipe
$300 for a PC3

and you have to ask if the next $250-$350 is necessary???

You are happy with the bike, pipe, and PC3.
You'll be happy with a custom map.

If it's right.

:thumbsup:

Nice, I have the same exhaust.

I made an appointment at my local shop for a dyno tune next week and the guy wants me to drop off the bike for a couple days, i wonder why that would be.

I would rather be there when they dyno tune it.

I would take it to another shop there is no need for him to have it for a couple days. Should take no more than an hour.:whistle:

They want it for a few days so they can burn about 2000 miles off of your rear tire. The joys of thrashing someone elses bike!!!:thumbsup:

Back