Change oil before Dyno Tune?

edcop

Banned
I am getting my 08 dyno tuned on Tues.
Should I change the oil before I get my baby tuned?
Last Time I changed my oil was Nov.1st when I stored it away for the winter.

I am kinda nervous about taking my baby in to get dyno-tuned, never done this before and thinking of any last minute things I should do before I put her on the dyno.

Is K&N a great air filter or should I go with something else?

I had mine changed before and after the Dyno. Worked out well for me...

And I can't say anything for their air filters on the Busa, but I've always used K&N oil filters with no problems at all. Their design makes for easier installation and removal.

I had mine changed before and after the Dyno. Worked out well for me...

And I can't say anything for their air filters on the Busa, but I've always used K&N oil filters with no problems at all. Their design makes for easier installation and removal.

DDDAAAAAAMMMMNNNN, Before and after? I use the Motul, that would be $100 just for oil.

Is getting a Dyno-Tune really that hard on your oil?

I just got off the phone with the guy who is going to do the tune and I asked him if i should change the oil before i get my bike tuned and he said all I should do is check the air filter to make sure it is clean.

I use a K&N race filter.. no problems. Reason for not using the BMC race was because my other cars use K&N and would be able to use the same charging kit.

I did mine before and after.. 92 bucks for amsoil 10w-40 and 2 filters just gives me peace of mind that the oil is fresh, plus it completes the new crispy feeling of it tuned

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

shoulda' just called him first :poke::laugh:
I just got off the phone with the guy who is going to do the tune and I asked him if i should change the oil before i get my bike tuned and he said all I should do is check the air filter to make sure it is clean.

If the .org says its better to change the oil & filter twice, before and after a Dyno-Tune, then it must be better, right?
Soo, what is the reason for changing it twice?

If the .org says its better to change the oil & filter twice, before and after a Dyno-Tune, then it must be better, right?

I'm not necessarily saying it's better, or needed. It's just what I did. My bike was tuned with new oil, new K&N oil filter, and a new pipercross race air filter. It's just what I decided to do, and it worked out well. I use Mobil 1 Racing 4-T oil.

I was very anxious bringing my bike into the shop for a dyno tune, with dirty oil, so I changed it before and after.... why? the tuner did 28 runs with most of them to the red line, believe me, that's is some pressure on an engine and I'd bet anything that having clean oil in it made for some protection against wear!

I was very anxious bringing my bike into the shop for a dyno tune, with dirty oil, so I changed it before and after.... why? the tuner did 28 runs with most of them to the red line, believe me, that's is some pressure on an engine and I'd bet anything that having clean oil in it made for some protection against wear!
Too bad you couldn't protect the rear tire the same way :laugh:

Back