Dyno tuned!

Cblast

I want mine to say Pauly Walnuts!
Donating Member
Registered
I finally stopped riding long enough to get the bike properly dyno tuned. I do not have a scanner at home but I am waiting on the shop that did it to email me a copy of the DynoJet graph results of the tune. When he did the first run it showed 152.56 RWHP and 90.34 FtLbs of Torque. After cleaning it up the second run showed 162.65 RWHP and a max torque of 98.12 FtLbs. A 10hp improvement! And 8FtLbs!
eek2.gif

The bike runs much much smoother and pulls noticebly harder throughout the rev range. The perf. mods that I have done so far are as follows: Small Airbox Mod, TRE, Akropovic Slip-ons, and a PC3 USB. That is it! This thing runs amazing now. Thanks again to GMBUSA for the hookup on the PCIII USB and thanks to JohnnyCheese and Goldenchild for all of the advice so far. Goldenchild I will be down your way in about two weeks to talk about the forks and brakes. I will get the Dyno chart posted on this thread as soon as I get my emailed copy.

Just out of curiosity, did they do multiple pulls to get the baseline, or just one pull?

good numbers
beerchug.gif

He did multiple baseline pulls and then cleaned it up from there. the shop was actually a Harley dealership here in Anchorage and they were fantastic. Excellent service, very courteous, very proffessional.

Hey Heavy, how ya been? Yup, that tune was worth every penny. If I had known what a huge difference this would have made I would have done it first. It now feels just like silk up and down the gears.

(Cblast @ Jul. 10 2007,08:58) He did multiple baseline pulls and then cleaned it up from there.  the shop was actually a Harley dealership here in Anchorage and they were fantastic.  Excellent service, very courteous, very proffessional.
cool.  I just wanted to make sure.  Typically a bike will pull a few extra ponies from the first run.  3 is minimum and often all it takes.

beerchug.gif

(bquinn @ Jul. 10 2007,12:37)
(Cblast @ Jul. 10 2007,08:58) He did multiple baseline pulls and then cleaned it up from there.  the shop was actually a Harley dealership here in Anchorage and they were fantastic.  Excellent service, very courteous, very proffessional.
cool.  I just wanted to make sure.  Typically a bike will pull a few extra ponies from the first run.  3 is minimum and often all it takes.

beerchug.gif
+1 unless the bike is already warmed up....good results. Are those SAE numbers or standard?

(bquinn @ Jul. 10 2007,17:37)  Typically a bike will pull a few extra ponies from the first run.  
Excepting the later ZX series Kawasaki's . Their combustion chamber works more efficient when hot .

Example , third pull on a ZX-9R with their Tumble Effect Chamber yields best results w/o jet change . Same out on the road as seen by amount of front wheel lift vs merely up to temp .

Just conversation .
smile.gif

(thebbbusa @ Jul. 10 2007,15:38) For just slip ons, those numbers are awesome.  You have a freak bike.
The gentleman that tuned it said those are Std #'s and the temp was 83.17 deg F. Humidity was 21%. I asked him if he thought that it was out of the ordinary strong and he said "No, the mods that you have done all help it breath better and the PCIII helps to take advantage of that in a big way. Good motor, broken in right, maybe a couple of HP more than average but not crazy." He also said that he had seen several Busa's with full Yosh systems that will not pull that much. I am very happy with it now. the improvement in the power delivery alone was worth it.

Standard will be a little higher than SAE to the tune of 4-6hp but no deal there .

You went for a tune and got results
beerchug.gif

(mountainmotor @ Jul. 10 2007,20:02) Standard will be a little higher than SAE to the tune of 4-6hp but no deal there .  

You went for a tune and got results  
beerchug.gif
Yep, that would explain it. That or it's a generous dyno.

Still good numbers either way it goes, even if you correct them.

I don't doubt it runs better (smoother) with the PC too.

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

My mistake, looking at the Dyno sheet again, those #'s were SAE. Here are some pics I took of it with my digital camera.

DSC00618__Small_.JPG

Your guy used tuning link ( a program that pretty much tunes the bike via software)....a lot of shops are going to that system, its totally plug and play takes the tuner out of the equasion. A bike can be custom mapped in 30 minutes. Its a 1500.00 program so for now I'll keep doing it the old fashion way.

Ultimately the seat of the pants is the true test.........
super.gif
Very nice numbers!

thanks GPW, again, I can not say enough about how different it feels, this is the way Suzuki should have tuned it. It is so smooth now that I can get on the throttle much harder and with more confidence out of the corners. I rode this morning with my buddy on his R1 (07), and once we got to about 110 I was eating him alive. It took a lot of work to stay with him through the twisties and he was much more relaxed than me through the tight stuff, but all of those corners are connected by staights! Horsepower writes checks, but torque pays the bills!
super.gif

(GPW @ Jul. 10 2007,17:50) Your guy used tuning link ( a program that pretty much tunes the bike via software)....a lot of shops are going to that system, its totally plug and play takes the tuner out of the equasion. A bike can be custom mapped in 30 minutes. Its a 1500.00 program so for now I'll keep doing it the old fashion way.

Ultimately the seat of the pants is the true test.........
super.gif
Very nice numbers!
Is tuning link as effective as the traditional method?

Back