Results for Intake in Exhaust Install

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Well - had the intake installed in the exhaust.  Results were sort of inconclusive because of dyno differences.  Last dyno run was a year ago on a different dyno and RWHP was 167.  With the intake cam in I got 172 RWHP.  So a gain of 5 hp or so......but must take into consideration bike has gotten a little more "tired" with another year's hard use.  Best guess this mod, with a good tune is worth about  7 - 9 HP.  

Cost:  about $400.00 for cam (used intake), slotted degree wheel, install, and dyno tune.
race.gif

I wish I would have done this when I had my motor apart after my accident. I had everything, but sold the spare head with cams in it. Oh well...

(McyMike @ Jan. 18 2007,05:13) Well - had the intake installed in the exhaust.  Results were sort of inconclusive because of dyno differences.  Last dyno run was a year ago on a different dyno and RWHP was 167.  With the intake cam in I got 172 RWHP.  So a gain of 5 hp or so......but must take into consideration bike has gotten a little more "tired" with another year's hard use.  Best guess this mod, with a good tune is worth about  7 - 9 HP.  

Cost:  about $400.00 for cam (used intake), slotted degree wheel, install, and dyno tune.
race.gif
That hp gain is almost as good as Yosh Stage 1 cams but $300-500 cheaper..SHHHHHHHHHH Don't tell Yoshimura I said that
super.gif

So what make/model of intake cam is it? What dooes it look like...new to me.

Also, is it necessary to have a full exhaust, PCIII and custom dyno to get the extra HP and does it come w/ a loss to TQ?

You use a stock Busa intake and swap the exhaust out (now running two intake cams).  I think even without a pipe or PC-III you would get something out of it.  As far as torque, I haven't ridden the bike (on trailer) yet.  But we picked up "almost" another overall 2 ft lbs of torque (I refuse to reverse this and say lb ft......
biggrin.gif
)  over what I had before.  The tune may have helped too,  since I was way "fat" on top end.

A good time to do this (save money) is when you have your valves adjusted, because if they have to shim, they have to pull the cam(s).

Back