Dyno Time?

bdorf94

Registered
I think I'm ready to go ahead and have a custom map done. I'll be taking it to Schnitz in Decatur, IN, when ready (probably the next time I'm home). I wanted to run down my list of mods before I go to see if there's anything else I'm forgetting that might make a major difference.
I won't be doing any nitrous, big motor work or turbo anytime in the near future...I gotta get college out of the way first. For now, I want it running right, and I want the most power I can...

PCIII usb
Jet hot ceramic coated headers
Yosh slip-ons
K&N
Pair valve removed

Not much as far as performance goes, I know, but I've been doing some cosmetic stuff also since I got the bike....I'm doing my best with budgeting my money for this addiction.

Anything else you folks can think of that I need to do before getting the custom map? I don't want to waste the money just to go and change something that will mess up the dyno work.
As always, thanks for the advice and help.

Airbox Mod? TRE (although probably not needed if you're getting a custom map)? hmmm.. if I think of anything else, I'll let you know

Already got a TRE.....slapped it on when I first got the bike. I haven't messed with an airbox mod yet, 'cause I wasn't sure if it made that much difference.

Had a full system on the bike, but got rid of it. I personally just like the look of two pipes better.

I was told on SH.org that I probably won't even need the custom map with just the slip ons, so that will save me some $ for other mods.

K, first...toss the K&N.  Go BMC Race filter and mod the airbox...  Why not just go full exhaust?  You can get a dual full system. pair mod?  If i were you, i'd go with the PCIIIr.  You can adjust ignition with that one...you cant with the PC3.

<!--EDIT|04BusaLE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106174107 -->

K, first...toss the K&N.  Go BMC Race filter and mod the airbox...  Why not just go full exhaust?  You can get a dual full system.  pair mod?  If i were you, i'd go with the PCIIIr.  You can adjust ignition with that one...you cant with the PC3.
Well, I'm not going to go with a full system now....especially since I just spent $200 having the headers sent to Jet Hot (could not stand the stock black headers, figured I'd give this a try).  Yeah, already did the pair removal and block off.
My power commander is brand new, so there's no way I'm spending money on a PCIIIr (I don't know the first thing about tuning....that was why I was going to take it to Schnitz and have somebody that knows what they're doing take care of it).

<!--EDIT|bdorf94
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106175147 -->

Back