Dyno run

Mark1340

Registered
I'm waiting for my local approved dynojet dealers engineers to fix the dyno so I can have my customap done.just wondering does having dyno runs in anyway damage the rear tyre?

it does chew up the tire a bit ... custom mapping will involve a number of runs for each gear ... yeah - it'll show a little wear and tear.

Run it with a street tire instead of a race tire. In other words, don't use a Mickey MCR2 or other soft compound tire. I ran mine with a Mich Pilot Power and it didn't show any wear. A couple of pulls with a Power Race did show a bit of wear.

I'm waiting for my local approved dynojet dealers engineers to fix the dyno so I can have my customap done.just wondering does having dyno runs in anyway damage the rear tyre?

Normal st tire will heat up a bit but you wont really notice much if at all. I mapped on a shinko which got a little torn up so I wouldnt do that again. Just a little too soft for the dyno, plus robs hp. We all want to see bigger #s:thumbsup:

When I dyno'd my 750 gixxer it actually made the pipes turn yellow. Stainless Yosh pipes. Never did get them polished up again. Your tire will wear for sure.
Also watch your wear....Dyno results and setups are affected by the wear on the tire. A bald or balding tire will give higher(slightly better) dyno results. Kinda like cheating. Use rubber that you would like to drive on.

When I dyno'd my 750 gixxer it actually made the pipes turn yellow. Stainless Yosh pipes. Never did get them polished up again. Your tire will wear for sure.
Also watch your wear....Dyno results and setups are affected by the wear on the tire. A bald or balding tire will give higher(slightly better) dyno results. Kinda like cheating. Use rubber that you would like to drive on.

How can a balding tire change the outcome of a dyno result?? The yellowing comes from the heat and im sure you know that but take mothers to it and it comes right off. I do this now and again however the yellowing looks kindof cool.

harder tire will take more punishment from the dyno roller. Make sure the tire pressure is on the high side and if they've got an extra aux fan point it at the front of the tire.

Back