Taking my Busa in for another Dyno run.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
I had my Busa dynoed @ 350 miles at a freebie event, my Busa put out 149hp max , the other 2 modded Busas put out 152-156hp. The Dyno and/or operator were off for sure.

Anyways I am taking my bike to a repected performance motorcycle guy tonight for a real Dyno base line run...its now broken in @ ~1800 miles , I expect the results to be as accurate as I am going to get. I hope I get @ least 151 hp or something like that.

Good Luck I ran mine on a pretty reliable dyno here in town a few weeks ago and got 155.56hp bone stock.
Jay

Good Luck
cool.gif
Hopefully you'll get a good score this time.

I dynoed mine just to see what I had with the dual scorpions, and see if I had any flat spots without a pc3 or map or anything. It was perfect running 155hp. It drew a good crowd after everyone was getting 80-100 all day on their "baddass" bikes. I'm not doing any hp mods. I haven't even tapped the surface of my bikes potential as far as riding/cornering fast. Until I get REAL good, I don't see the need to try to get 2 more hp here or 4 more hp there. I guess it's cool to know what you have. I heard 2 guys bragging about their choppers a while back saying they're getting 100 hp or so. I was like "wow! That's really fast!"

Myself and three other board members dynoed our bikes Saturday at the AMA races in Fontana CA. All four bikes have after market full exhaust systems, PC's, and after market air filters. All four on the same dyno, same day, same operator, and three of them were run back to back to back.....HP ranged from 155-162
wink.gif

Well I am back, it went well.  First off let me start by saying George Dean's Cycle service is a very well respected motorcycle performance shop in Seattle and he knows his stuff.

Max HP 165.7 , Max Torque 98.4
wink.gif

I watched him run it 4 times and each one was pretty close , these were 5th gear roll ons, nice and smooth , no jaggies or anything, the bike was really nice and warmed up as well so that helped.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115306043 -->

BTW he happened to have a Turbo Busa in there , it was an old beater 99' Copper colored bike, the turbo was a Mr. Turbo and he said it put out something like 257 or 270 something ..I forgot. But he also had a database of other Busa's he has dynoed over the years and he showed me a few others and he told me the various upgrades each one has gotten.

He also said he can re-map my stock computer instead of me having to buy a PC3 but he did say it was more involved so it would cost more to re-map it vs a PC3.

You should PM johny cheese and get his opinion but that dyno reading seems too high even for an optimistic assessment of what factory Busa HP is at.
wink.gif

Yeah it does seem high but it was a SuperFlow Dyno, which means it simulates the ram air flow..the ram air adds quite abit of HP. Regardless though the numbers are irrelavant for my purpose of this Dyno, George is the one who is going to be mapping my bike when I get around to upgrading it. Seattle Cycle Service is a pretty well respected high performance shop, I chose them because its about as good as its going to get for me.

They actually work on alot of Hayabusas.
You should consider them for your mapping needs since your in this area as well:
http://www.soundrider.com/Dealers/SCS/services.htm

George showed me a few other Busa numbers that he has gotten over the years out of his database (which is HUGE BTW).

He showed me 2 that both had cams , pipes and fuel maps and they were around 175 hp peak....I just got the thinking that
those actually support my numbers as being on the strong side because id think a guy would gain more than 10hp with all that.

Maybe I just got lucky and got a strong engine, maybe it was just a fluke, maybe Suzuki has made some minor changes to the engine and just hasn't said anything. Whatever it is, my bike is running like a champ....next Wednesday if the weather is nice I am heading to Pacific Int. Raceway and run my Busa in the quarter mile. Ive never run a timed quarter mile before so you know damn well that if I can break 10 seconds or even get right at that something must be up.
smile.gif

tounge.gif

The numbers dont lie, what does it matter what gear its in, 165hp is 165hp no?
rock.gif

rock.gif
do a pull in 6th and it will read higher.
A dyno reads load.
more load = more power
you have to keep this in mind with gearing changes. also the superflow has been noted as reading very highn one bike on my dyno read 5 hp higher on a superflow the same day

My last dyno pull only read 155 HP....
But, I'm happy as a lark.
Full exhaust, PCIIIusb, & K/N filter.

rock.gif
A dyno reads load.
more load = more power
you have to keep this in mind with gearing changes. also the superflow has been noted as reading very highn one bike on my dyno read 5 hp higher on a superflow the same day
Well I will ask George about this...I know you know your stuff Johnny but George has been building and tuning bikes since I was in grade school...both him and his mechanics are pretty experenced and do alot of performance work so he must have a reason for doing what he does.

rock.gif
A dyno reads load.
more load = more power
Well I will ask George about this...I know you know your stuff Johnny but George has been building and tuning bikes since I was in grade school...both him and his mechanics are pretty experenced and do alot of performance work so he must have a reason for doing what he does.
some do it to make them look better. I know of one build who does it all the time and some wonder why they don't get the same numbers.
I think I have a test I did if I have time I will post it.

Back