dyno run

trevor

Registered
what gear should you be in when making a dyno run? will different gears show different hp 3S or does it matter? I ran in 2nd gear and made 156 hp and 93 ft lbs. I have a rs3 full exaust and a pc3. Is this good? I think it seems good:dunno:

Sounds good to me. You'll get (sometimes quite) different readings on different dynos. It's best to use the same dyno over and over to calculate gains/losses from mods, tuning, etc,. You can jack the dyno around to get a bigger number but the bike will still be making the same power.
All the dyno runs I've seen were pulled in a close to top gear. The operator used 5th gear on my bike (providing I counted shifts right, 4th or 5th).
Several dyno experts on the board, I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Thanks, I thought it seemed ok. Neither the operator or myself had any experience dynoing bikes. We thought that 2nd would be a good gear due to the high wheel speeds in 5 and 6. After I left I started thinking about other gears making a difference. 6th gear would have a gear ratio of closer to 1 to 1. Wondering if that would have been more accurate. I guess it will pull the same on the street regardless!

Back