Dyno Question

Bus AZ

Registered
I have a Dyno appt for next Thursday:rolleyes:

So I have a few questions for those with carbon cans.

I have an r77 full with carbon.......will the dyno pulls discolor the epoxy on the can?

I also have a brand new TRS carbon can collecting dust that uses the same Yoshi midpipe as the R77.

Everything I have researched shows damn near identical dyno numbers from the R77 and the TRS.

Should I just throw the TRS on for the dyno pulls?, or stop being a puss and run with the R77?

Decisions decisions...lol:easy:

No...its not some crazy exhaust mod:hello:

Just a picture of the cans I am talking about:alcoholic:
(Thats real dust on the TRS..lol)
IMG_20160218_191119_053.jpg

I hear the only discoloring comes from not repacking the exhaust at the appropriate intervals (10k miles for R77, I believe)--not from doing dyno runs or racing. I think it'd be a poor "race" exhaust if it couldn't handle the high temps.

It was like dropping off a child for the first day of school.

Wish I could have stayed to watch.......
Can't wait to see what magic Phil at E.S.P. does for my scoot.

It was like dropping off a child for the first day of school.

Wish I could have stayed to watch.......
Can't wait to see what magic Phil at E.S.P. does for my scoot.
Lol. I felt just like you when I left mine. No discoloration on my dual r77s with Vance and Hines dual header.

BMC race filter, Yoshimura R77 full system

Baseline pull was with stock air filter and R77.

Woolich flash

(Thanks again Phil:bowdown:)

I'm not an expert, but I didn't think exhaust heat would discolor carbon fiber. The main thing that discolors carbon fiber is sunlight.

tapatalk_1365586217666_zpse8697281.jpg
The only issues I've heard or seen with a CF canister are from the shitty Two Bros pipes. They have been known to get so hot they go up in flames on the dyno. Two Bros includes a statement warning you not to dyno your bike with the CF end can. Apparently they catch fire even while riding around town...View attachment 390344
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
View attachment 390344
tapatalk_1365586211457_zps41f445a8.jpg
tapatalk_1365586225842_zps20dcbd63.jpg

Lol, why/how is TwoBrothers still selling these if they know people will dyno their bikes, and they know that this is what they do? This looks like a lawsuit (or several) waiting to happen.

Man, I didn't know carbon would burn like that! Dyno'd my 2011 with full Yosh system and the carbon TRC looks like new. I kind of liked the two bros cans, glad n I went with Yosh.

:rofl:
You can lay your hand on most carbon fiber mufflers after riding the bike...but 2bros burst into flames!:rofl:
I never liked 2bros.
There was a pair of their cf mufflers on my B-king when I got it.
I liked them even less then.
If you like obnoxious droning at cruising speeds(without spending another $100 for quiet inserts)...that may randomly catch fire, then 2bros is for you.

Acropovic makes great carbon fiber, and Yoshimura's is pretty good too.

Back