Yoshimura can swap Qs

cyclefarm

Registered
My new to me 2011 Gen 2 has a like-new full Yoshimura TRS carbon 4-2-1 system. When I was bike shopping I was hoping to buy one with the R77. Maybe the TRS will grow on me, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Would a full system R-77 (or TRC or R-55) muffler fit my pipe? I'm thinking and hoping that most all Yosh systems have a semi-universal 2.25" "slip on" muffler (cannister)?

2. Would a Two Brothers carbon slip on fit my pipe?

3. Would a 2.25" straight thru can from any other bike, say GSXR600, work OK on my Hayabusa?

4. If I swapped for any of the above, muffler only, how much do you think it would affect my tuning? Maybe Yosh for Yosh swap wouldn't affect much?

I realize I may have to fab bracket for hangers, not a problem. Thanks!

Yeah I've seen the Yosh site thanks. Guess I could fire them an email, just figured someone here would know. I assume, but don't know, any Yoshimura 2.25" muffler will work with my pipe. I have a line on a gsxr600 r77, maybe I'll just buy it and try it.

Decided to take a chance, bought a TRC muffler for a ZX6R and it fits perfectly. ID is same on both ends of my TRS Hayabusa muffler and this TRC ZX6R muffler. I like that my TRC is shorter and I think the ends look better. Will try to post pics...

Here are the pics of the Hayabusa TRS vs ZX6R TRC. I think I like the TRC better than the R77. R77 looks a lot bigger and I wonder if the TRC will sound better (louder).

001.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Back