Dumped the Kaw

geeb

Registered
Finally made the switch from Kawi after 20 years of riding them. Just sold my ZX11 and brought home an 02 midnight falcon. Only got to ride it for the 1 mile ride home and it was cold as hell with lots of loose gravel and salt on road so needless to say I'm itchin for a good day. I came across one site that refered to mine as a limited edition(black frame/swingarm/rotors and all black paint with the black chrome kanji). Heard they were a dealer perk. Anybody know if thats true?
Didnt even get a pic of mine yet had to use this one.

midnight_falcon.jpg

Welcome and congrats! For several years, the models with the black swingarm and frame were labeled Limited Editions or Anniversary Editions ('03 Orange). No other differences in the bikes and the dealer had nothing to do with it.

Finally made the switch from Kawi after 20 years of riding them. Just sold my ZX11 and brought home an 02 midnight falcon. Only got to ride it for the 1 mile ride home and it was cold as hell with lots of loose gravel and salt on road so needless to say I'm itchin for a good day. I came across one site that refered to mine as a limited edition(black frame/swingarm/rotors and all black paint with the black chrome kanji). Heard they were a dealer perk. Anybody know if thats true?
Didnt even get a pic of mine yet had to use this one.
Isn't this a pic of an 07? My breaks are on top of my frame I do like this color and am glad you got one. Now can we see it? Enjoyit and be safe, Doug

DSC_0003RS.jpg

Well today was my first ride on the new toy. This thing got motor! I had a ZX11 so I am used to a little grunt but this thing has nuts and I didnt even air it out, too many cinders out there and cold streets and cold tires dont mix well. Had it spinnin the rear tire way too easy to play hard. My ZX definately was more of a comfort couch though but I'll get used to that for all the other gains.
If anybody can help me with a good suspension setup for me at 180lbs I would appreciate the help this guy was around 250lbs and did mostly two up touring with his wife so it felt very heavy into the turns.
Here is the pic sorry for using the other one. Thanks for all the encouragement and congrats

new_toy.jpg

Isn't this a pic of an 07?
Although they are similar, there are some differences. The '02 has SUZUKI on the tank, the '07 just has the S. The '02 has yellow turn signals, the '07 has white. The '07 also has gold forks and gold brake calipers.
winkold.gif

Good going geeb. Welcome to Busaville!
hello.gif

Goo!!!!  Nice bike, but the reflectors must go!!!!!!!

This bike was made for a person your weight, so unless you loosen up the suspension it should be fine. Remeber, it weighs 500lbs.

cycle world made this recommendation for a sporty feel. i personally like it and i am much heavier than you (250) lbs. i am no high speed gearhead so i believe these are accurate adjustments. maybe someone else could verify. good luck!

rear: preload 1.25 inch of sag
compression: out 5 clicks
rebound: out 7 clicks

front: preload 2.5 lines showing
compression: out 2 clicks
rebound: out 2 clicks

Believe me the reflectors WILL be gone. It has some damage on the right side from a parkinglot tipover and I do custom motorcycle painting so I got my list of things to do getting in order.Really didnt want to custom paint it if an le is more valueable cause it is a good look for the bike but it seems like theres no shortage of them around. I'm having a hell of a time finding an undertail I like the taillights on so when I find that I'll start changing a few things.
As far as the suspension, I know its originally setup fo around my weight but the previous owner changed all the settings for his two-up packmule style riding(him,wife,saddlebags,tankbag,tailbag)so with just me on it it feels like crap. just doesnt want to turn in and hold a line through a turn. I have no Idea what the original front/rear settings are so if I can get back to them I can finetune for me from there.
Thanks for all the help fellas

Back