The kaw disease

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well I got some interesting news today. One of my best buddies I have known since I was a little kid has been learning to ride for the past year or so. He has just been riding a old cruiser style honda but took to riding very well. Well the past few months he knew he wanted a sportbike but wasn't sure what kind. He was leaning towards a busa or possibly just buying his brother in laws 600F4I. He was thinking a Busa would be too much for a starter bike but thought the F4I would be about right and he'd get a good price on it. So I was backing what he was saying. Well today I got news that he got "the disease". It seems due to a good price him AND his brother in law will now be getting 05 ZX10's. So come spring my Bus will be in a herd of Kaws. lol. I told him I am happy that he's getting a sportbike and getting into all of it.....however I have deep inside aggressions against Kawi. I guess that means I am a true friend for supporting whatever he rides. But it looks like Boardmember Armalite will be riding team green. haha

True friend, Yes, but one that likes to beat the pack with a smile.

I lived on a zx 11 for many years never steered me wrong
laugh.gif
as long as ya all have a great time and enjoy many miles together its all good
biggrin.gif

kawasaki makes some fine cycles. thats all i rode until i took a busa for a test ride.from a kz to a zx11 even the zrx  is a very cool ride. best sounding bikes on the road.BUT once you ride a busa its hard to want anything else.i bet your buds come over to the dark side with a test ride of your busa by end of summer . sooo go heard some cattle!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139521390 -->

Just curious did he get it in georgetown ky. they had a lava red that shiped to ohio about a week ago?They had a great deal on it but my eyes are on a busa.

Ha Ha, Sorry bud.

I was going to come on here and ask everyone if the deal I found was a good one or not.
Found a titanium colored 05 no miles factory left over for "we are still discussing the final price " for around mid 8 thousand range

Any advice?

<!--EDIT|Armalite
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139526920 -->

I understand, I have a thing against kawi's myself but I will admit that the 06 zx10's have caught my eye...they're pertty.

Ha Ha, Sorry bud.

I was going to come on here and ask everyone if the deal I found was a good one or not.
Found a titanium colored 05 no miles factory left over for "we are still discussing the final price " for around mid 8 thousand range

Any advice?
Sorry bud. You know I had to give you some shid for riding on the darkside...lol. Honestly thought man I just want you riding by spring so if the Kawi is what you want jump on it. I think that price is fair. I'd offer 8300$ and see what he says. If so I say take it. But if your gonna go Kawi I say get the green man. Those look pretty wicked.

I have found it's always best to be different  
smileyexhibit.gif

Well it works for me
ss011.gif
anyway  
laugh.gif

I LOVE the 10's. I think they're a great bike with wonderful handling and lots of power readily available. Don't sleep on them 10's. You'll be suprised that with a good rider, they'll keep up with a Busa (unless it's been modded). Well, enjoy the rides and when you get a chance, post up some pics of them Kawi's and your Busa.

get a steering stabalizer if u buy it they like to tank slap at about 120 when coming of one wheel:D
Neither of my 10R's have ever tank slapped and I've had the front wheel off the ground as fast as 150 mph... I keep reading all this about the 10R "needing" a damper, but I've yet to see proof. I think it stems from the mag reviews bringin' it to everyone's attention that they first gen didn't have one.

Ha Ha, Sorry bud.

Any advice?
Are we talking out the door mid 8k? Or mid 8k plus tax, etc... ?
rock.gif
Mid 8K out the door is a steal. Mid 8k plus tax, etc... is ok.

Oh, and welcome to the insanity. The 10R is pure evil. Be careful and ease into it though. It's a LOT less forgiving than a busa, and most any other bike out there.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139571151 -->

faintheart.jpg

I LOVE the 10's. I think they're a great bike with wonderful handling and lots of power readily available. Don't sleep on them 10's. You'll be suprised that with a good rider, they'll keep up with a Busa (unless it's been modded). Well, enjoy the rides and when you get a chance, post up some pics of them Kawi's and your Busa.
I'll be sure and get some pics. A Busa and 2 ninjas regardless of how I feel about Kawi will make for some sweet photos. lol. Those are 3 VERY hard hitting machines.

Well I got some interesting news today. One of my best buddies I have known since I was a little kid has been learning to ride for the past year or so. He has just been riding a old cruiser style honda but took to riding very well. Well the past few months he knew he wanted a sportbike but wasn't sure what kind. He was leaning towards a busa or possibly just buying his brother in laws 600F4I. He was thinking a Busa would be too much for a starter bike but thought the F4I would be about right and he'd get a good price on it. So I was backing what he was saying. Well today I got news that he got "the disease". It seems due to a good price him AND his brother in law will now be getting 05 ZX10's. So come spring my Bus will be in a herd of Kaws. lol. I told him I am happy that he's getting a sportbike and getting into all of it.....however I have deep inside aggressions against Kawi. I guess that means I am a true friend for supporting whatever he rides. But it looks like Boardmember Armalite will be riding team green. haha
A ZX10 for a first street bike? Wait till he wads it and then offer him peanuts for it and get yourself a good track bike!

Whatever they ride, I hope you will encourage them to wear some good gear and help them develope the riding skills that will assure the three of you a safe and enjoyable ride.

smile.gif

Well honestly I have brought it up a few times. Neither one of them ride with any kind of protective gear right now. He hasn't purchased any yet because he really is not riding steady not having his own bike. I think he will get some once he gets his bike he seems like he will. I know I am for sure setting a good example for them both. I was over there on 85 degree days riding with them in a full face helmet,gloves, jacket, boots......the whole enchilada. I definitely set the example and hopefully they will both follow. I used to ride with nothing thinking I was bulletproof and had a BAD wreck back in 03. Let me tell ya growing most of the skin back on my body is all it took to set me straight. I hate to see anyone else live through that.

Back