dumb question but need help.

nectrplnt

Registered
trying to take off the stock triple clamp and put a new one on. How do you take off the 4 chrome grommets that cover the bolts on the triple? I cant get a good grip on them with anything....

Knife edge, they just push into the hex in the allen head...no such thing as a stupid question!:beerchug:

yep, no stupid questions here. I used a razor blade and slowly worked my way around until it came off. They booger up very easy so be careful or you will be buying new ones.

I just noticed you are in Scottsdale. Im in Sierra Vista if you ever ride south. We got fe oter guys on Phx too, 04durramax and fast08busa.

i must be dumb. i cant get it and broke the razor blade tip already. should i wedge it around and pry up slowly until it comes out?

so push the knife edge towards the edge of the grommet and they should push out?

Between the bolt top and the bottom edge of the plastic cap, towards the center of the bolt, and make a circle while slowly lifting upwards...CAREFULLY! Charlie's right too, the chrome wrinkles very easily.

I just noticed you are in Scottsdale. Im in Sierra Vista if you ever ride south. We got fe oter guys on Phx too, 04durramax and fast08busa.

For sure brotha, im always down for riding. I ride with some of my buddies around the valley but no busas. Im always up for a ride when you guys go out. let me know!!!!

......just got them off. dident realize there was a little lip in the grommet. Thx for all your help. What would I do without you guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had to ask years ago when installing reaper risers :thumbsup: Beware they may not stay with you after you put them back in.

Back