Triple Tree Bolt Removal HELP

808 BUSA

Registered
ok, how do i remove the 4 little chrome covers on top of the triple tree? I was told they pop or snap on, but how the @#$% do i get them off? Thanks, this is for an 08 busa. (not the fork covers, the 4 little chrome triple tree bolts)

Some people have used fishing line to get under them and pull them off. Didn't work for me, I had to drill a small hole in the center and pull them out with a hooked scribe. Picked up some new ones at the dealer.

no no no, use a wide "precision screwdriver". Worked perfect for me
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad you got them off. After I did this I eventually lost mine to the wind. You might want to do something to make sure they stay with ya when you go back with them. :thumbsup:

Razer blade....razer blade. Screwdrivers at to fat at the tip and risk chipping the chrome lip. THe razar blad...work under lip and lift bit at a time while working you way around it. Come right off!:beerchug:

no no no, use a wide "precision screwdriver". Worked perfect for me
Posted via Mobile Device

That's how I did it. Still put a couple stress fractures in 1 or 2 of them. I wasn't worried about it because I wasn't putting them back in.

I think they go for $4.50 each from the dealer. Yea my 1st time doing this...I killed 3 out of 4 with the screwdriver. Learned to use a blade the next time around.

Once you do it you will wonder why you even had the thought of how to get them off.

It's easy.... so easy a caveman could do it.

Back