Ducati vs Hayabusa

When you're on top,everybody wants to gun for you.Everything that is fast is compared to the Hayabusa.That's the mark of speed.We should be so proud :laugh:

Ducatis are for tracks, and I don't mean 1/4 mile either. Go ride one and you will understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get a 2009 GSXR1000 and race him on a road race track. It will be about who has the nads to push it faster in the corners, not the difference in weight.

If it's a sprint to the top speed, run him for about two miles. He will get the jump, but you will real him in and pass. I highly suggest you don't do this on public streets unless you have an anti-darwin device. :laugh:

THe Des sounds beautiful by the way for those who havent heard it roar... Gorgeous sound for sure... and looks... On Track it's a killer... :bowdown:

if its any help i have both a ducati and a busa.. for what its worth ducati front end is liable slide on the front wheel under hard race braking, so to get over this I use throttle and lot back brake when street racing I catch other bikes because i am prepared to spin the back wheel more like dirt bike. The set up on the ducati is hard on the hips you may do better over a long course rather then a short one, if you do choose to ride pick long straights with sharp right left turns at the end of them. maybe ram tennis ball down his exhaust before you race would help :whistle:

if its any help i have both a ducati and a busa.. for what its worth ducati front end is liable slide on the front wheel under hard race braking, so to get over this I use throttle and lot back brake when street racing I catch other bikes because i am prepared to spin the back wheel more like dirt bike. The set up on the ducati is hard on the hips you may do better over a long course rather then a short one, if you do choose to ride pick long straights with sharp right left turns at the end of them. maybe ram tennis ball down his exhaust before you race would help :whistle:

i own both too... but mine was a 900ss. (ill fix it some day) but it was sure fun in curves but lacked nuts for anything else

I have ridden the Desmo, it is an extremely capable bike. It accelerates faster, handles quicker and has a higher top end. Believe me stock to stock or even a mildly modded Busa wouldn't have a chance. And the sound is breathtaking...............

...why wouldnt you race? Would a loss be that shattering? Are you putting cash on the line? If not I say have at it.

Yea, the Duc will mostly likely win with the rider being a huge factor.
But if it takes a 72k "pure race" breed bike to take my 12k street bike
I really wouldn't be bragging much.

The Desmo is a MOTOGP bike that is street legal and detuned. The busa is Not anywhere CLOSE in the same league as the Desmo. On board mgmt system, adjustable traction control, the BEST Top of the line Ohlins suspension that money can buy, Full Brembo braking system, almost 150+ lbs lighter than Busa.....List goes on

On a roadcourse, don't even bother taking the Busa outta the trailer. Most, if not all, literbikes will lose as well.

Drag strip, could be a different story....but...I believe the Desmo has launch control, so you can pin the throttle, feed the clutch, and full throttle clutchless upshifts without any worries of wheelies. But that's with a competent rider who knows what the hell they're doing.

$72,000 price tag? That's just to own the bike. Dont forget about what happens when the bike breaks down. Parts alone will cost way more than the Busa MSRP. Not to mention, there is a specific Bridgestone 200 rear that's in race profile that you have to buy to fit the Desmo. To my knowledge, no other tire manufacturer makes a rear size/profile to fit the Desmo's rear carbon fiber wheel.

Raydog sums it up best......It's like owning a Dodge Viper and asking to race an F1 car. Apples and Oranges?

When I did the Keith Code CA Superbike school at Streets of Willow last fall, there was an older gent who brought one. He wasn't very fast at all. But the bike was a true beauty up close. But he was kind of like most, not all, Duc owners.....snobby! It sure was fun lapping him TWICE on my 06 GSX-R1000 that cost $60,000 less and down 20+ HP. :cheerleader:

come on guys......you sound like a bunch of kids.

its ok its faster than a stock 'busa...its limited edition, $72k racebike with lights....

the fact that it takes this much for them to build a 'busa killer only shows how great the Suzuki is.

Back