Ducati 1198SP vs 1199S?

BLKMAMBA

Registered
I wanted to get some opinions on Ducati and the 1198SP/1199S. I like the white with red frame and the red with red frame 1198SP. The HP difference is major 170 vs 195. Do you think it's worth it in my class since I already have the BMW S1000rr?

You could not pay me to own another Ducati,there will be multiple problems with the new panigale, mark my words.

If you have the BMW why in the world would you get a inferior bike?

I equate the 1198 with the 360 Modena and the 1199 with the 458 Italia. The 1199 is just pure sex. In the spirit of things I will never be able to afford... I would have to dream big and get the 1199. If you want red frame, you could also get an "affordable" Duc to knock around on... then invite me over to help you ride them. :beerchug::beerchug:

Im not selling any of my motorcycles. I was just thinking about adding maybe 1 more to the collection but now I'm scared after reading what Taylor said. They both are sexy motorcycles and I know Ducati can be a pita with repairs.

Stay away from Ducati

First year model will have problems and Ducati is not fast with anything.

I just got rid of 2 ducati's because of problems.

First one had so many problems Ducati bought it back.

Trust me, stay away, electronic issues, overheating, extremely lean running bikes,

The only reason I would buy a Ducati is if it were going to be a collectible bike. And I would never ride it.

I had an '01 Monster for 3-1/2 years with no issues, and my friend still has a '04 999 with no issues. Both were/are serviced by Fast by Ferracci. If I was I the market for another bike, I wouldn't hesitate to buy an 1199.

Back