Ducati vs Hayabusa

Gmuny

Registered
What up fam? I haven't been around in awhile, so I won't hold up your eyesight. Has anyone heard of this Ducati Desmosedici RR that is faster than our baby? I know the bike is like 72k, but is it the new beast on the street. I have a friend that is ready to duel me down or as he say anybody else on the road, regardless of the rider. I mean at 72k, the Busa would be a 747 with mods. Help me out, because he is literally on my a** about this race!!

Four cylinder liter bike, torque is lower than the Busa. 377lbs dry, claimed 200hp with pipe.

Think a Gizzer with some mods will be the answer.

Around a track, there probably isnt anything you can buy from a factory that will compete with it. Not sure what your "race" will be, but this bike is a purely race oriented machine, world apart from the busa or any jap liter bike. The forks alone run about the same price as a liter bike.

its a hot-rodded liter bike.....that does not have the top speed limiter of the 'busa.

and for all that money you can own a bike that will still get its ass kicked by $6k used busa with a dry nitrous system and some aftermarket sprockets....

Stock to stock.

Straight line, the Duc will probably win. Higher power and lower weight.

Handling, I wouldn't even get my Busa off the trailer.

Top end, odds are the Busa will win by a decent margin.

So yeah the chances are you'll lose. Plain and simple it's far lighter with near equal torque and more HP than even a gen II Busa. Combine that with the suspension that it comes with and frankly it's near untouchable.

Dollars for dollars though it's not that big a leap, IMHO. But if I win the lottery I will have one.

And I'd like to see someone ride it 120 miles to the good roads, ride it through 300 miles of twisties, then 120 miles home in one day. Every bike has it's niche.

This question is like, "hey, my buddy just bought a Formula I car, can I keep up with it in my Viper?"

he joined in 2006 but first post in 2009 ... well... i wouldnt race him... let him have his ego

Man can you imagine the Busa you could build with $72 K worth of mods?
He wouldn't have a chance.

Cool he even wants to race you,
Needs to gauge himself against the best. :laugh:

Last edited:
If you run! Do it for fun! He may not know how to ride it! Either way....it isnt a slow bike!

RR is an "almost" GP spec Ducati. However, 848 is almost as inexpensive as Busa. Those L twin engines have some characters similiar with harleys. Weired kinda comparason, but something to do with twins. Two totally different bikes, both worth owning.

Back