Dual Bulbs in HIDs and BiXenon Projector... Q & A

casualdreamer

Registered
Ok, I have searched through other Forums and couldn't find anything on. I am working w/ Orge to see if he would be able to retrofit the projectors that he builds with these bulds so I would have the option for the HIDS and the ability to flash and brights without worry about burning HIDs out. The video is 11 min but at the end you can see that he is able to run his HIDs and able to flash and no worries about damage. I contacted the company he bought them from and they told me :

Hi Mike,

The F-150 you saw in the video uses what is known as a dual beam bulb. There are four different dual beam bulbs used in many cars/trucks today. (Actual response to my email)

I have read that some people were trying this and this company told me that the bulbs that do this does not fit my bike correct but if I am getting a retrofit of projectors this should be a problem should it? Or can a holder be fabricated to hold these bulbs in a stock headlight. I am trying to learn all I can on this. I know our low beam is H7 and High is 9005. Now if we were to put a different HID bulb system in it do I run the chance of shorting th bike out. I mean isn't that is what the ballast is for? Opinions and thoughts on this..

I am just a Padiwon tyring to learn from the Masters....:bowdown::bowdown:

- 07 Ford F150 8000k HID Headlight Conversion Install BIG DIFFERENCE![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
no you shouldn't short the bike out the factory draw is more than the hid ballast you are actually doing your bike a favor using an hid system. Standard draw is about 45 - 55 w on a halogen sometimes more depending on the bulb. Hid generally runs 35w - 55 w if you want more that is but the 35 w do well,. In a projector application it may be more beneficial due to the fact the projector does focus light but is not as widespread and it still loses a little when traveling through the thick glass lens. hope that helps :beerchug:

Back