Dry Nitrous---20 HP

Something is wrong with those jets for sure. The gains are well outside the norms. The need to increase fuel by 25 % is another tipoff that you are spraying more nitrous then you think.

With .029's i would run colder plugs and pull ignition.
I need some bits to gauge the actual size of all these funnel jets.

But remember what I said earlier? I've dynoed several motorcycles with the single flare jets measured marked .036" that cranked out an additonal 50hp on motorcycles ranging from 1000ccs to 1400ccs. Also from 3 different makers ie; NOS, DynotuneNitrous and Nitrous Express. What gives on those single jets? Aren't a lot of these flare jets made by the same company?

I also remember in the early days of nitrous use for bikes that the 40hp rated jets were netting most Hayabusas 50hp+. So I always assumed that any kit I installed would actually give me 50hp. Which now after about 5 different installs, that is correct. Hmmmm, am I missing something?

Ok, one question? Are these online calculators wrong? Is Schnitz Racing wrong too?

Since you mentioned the cold plugs, does anyone here have some CR10Es in stock? Cause locally everyone needs to order them and I keep getting 7 days out. Way too long for me.
I have (2) CR10E 10 pack cases in stock lmk if you still need them.

A .036 jet is good for about 40 h.p. But that average can be manipulated. A over filled 2.5 lb bottle has more pressure and volume and will put up big numbers until the pressure/volume advantage goes away.

Jets,i break them down int 2 types. N.O.S type,1 piece (the only type i use)

And the dyno tune and other cheap knock offs. These are 2 piece. A common core with the restriction punched or brazed in.

Nitrous calcs,some are close,some are not.

Schnitz should have the plugs. The bike may be slower to start and a bit less responsive with colder plugs. I toned my setup down a little and went back to the stock plugs. Go figure,my ZX 12 showed no negative affects from colder plugs (ek's)
I got the 50hp gain when the pressure was 900psi or 1000psi. Ok, 2 more HP when it was 1000psi but that's not much of a difference imo. I was also running a 1lb bottle. Got 3 good 4th gear pulls before the pressure dropped under 825psi and the power dropped accordingly. Not much, about 9hp down. I've got a 2.5lb bottle as well and have filled it to about 2 3/4lb. Pressure typically at around 1000psi or less.

My friends ZX12 (280hp on NOS) has colder plugs as well of course and it seems to run ok too. Except when on C16... and NA....LOL!! But then again he has a super built engine with nearly 14 to 1 comp. Originally a Carpenter built engine but we went further into it after a catasphropic clutch basket incident......I told him over and over but he was lazy....

His bike runs hard NA and on NOS. At 5300' he has 146mph traps NA and 160mph on NOS. He weighs 210lbs suited and the bike weighs just under 500lbs. Geared to go through 5th gear.

Something is wrong with those jets for sure. The gains are well outside the norms. The need to increase fuel by 25 % is another tipoff that you are spraying more nitrous then you think.

With .029's i would run colder plugs and pull ignition.
I need some bits to gauge the actual size of all these funnel jets.

But remember what I said earlier? I've dynoed several motorcycles with the single flare jets measured marked .036" that cranked out an additonal 50hp on motorcycles ranging from 1000ccs to 1400ccs. Also from 3 different makers ie; NOS, DynotuneNitrous and Nitrous Express. What gives on those single jets? Aren't a lot of these flare jets made by the same company?

I also remember in the early days of nitrous use for bikes that the 40hp rated jets were netting most Hayabusas 50hp+. So I always assumed that any kit I installed would actually give me 50hp. Which now after about 5 different installs, that is correct. Hmmmm, am I missing something?

Ok, one question? Are these online calculators wrong? Is Schnitz Racing wrong too?

Since you mentioned the cold plugs, does anyone here have some CR10Es in stock? Cause locally everyone needs to order them and I keep getting 7 days out. Way too long for me.
I have (2) CR10E 10 pack cases in stock lmk if you still need them.
PM sent

I ran 9.81 at 143mph in the 1/4 mile on a stock wheel base busa strapped and lowered 3".I added a NX 47HP dry shot and ran 9.53 at 150mph,then I stretched it 6" over and added a 55HP jet and ran a 9.10 at 153mph.I'm geared 16/41 and this seems to be the setup for me.Schnitz Racing custom mapped it with the nitrous and it has had no problems.170HP on motor and 207 on spray with the 47HP jet.
Spark plugs seem to look fine last week.I'm working on getting in to the 8.90'S by the end of the season.

2.jpg

I finally picked up my new NX dry nitrous pills. A 30, 36 and a 40. I installed the 36 and Yea Baby....REAL nice power wheelies when it comes on smooth in 2nd gear and continues to pull hard. Just short blasts, I will do a longer test then read my plugs....9 seconds is easily a reality if I can control it with my stock wheel base. I will be going down to Street night next Friday night......Fun Fun Fun !!!!!!!!!
So what I have read so far, it is around an extra 40 hp ? I might run it on a dyno tune before I go. Better safe then sorry! I will soon be in the 9 second club.

Nice !
You will be in the nines easy. Nitrous likes a lot of exhaust.
Your stock header/slip on's will calm the hit quite a bit.

Thanks chevelle! I see by your profile you must like Chevy's, cool, I too....63 chevy II...tubbed...chopped....and oh ya....nitrous!! Low 11's on motor....deep 10's with nos...still not a busa! I've used nitrous for quite a few years and loved it on cars...never imagined I would want it for a crazy fast Hayabusa. Rating which I would rather drive....I say the Busa is a 10...the car is around a 6 ! But the bike doesn't break down after a day of pounding. It must just be a speed thing...fasterfasterfaster!!

Cool,all ways wanted a tubbed car. Maybe some day.

The chevelle (70) was fun for a while,towards the end it was a huge headache.
Pump gas (had to mix a little good stuff)509 ran mid 10's 124-5. Every kid with a winged fart can import wanted to race and the LEO's were every where,it had to go.

The bike(9.08) runs rings around that car....But there is no feeling on earth like putting your foot in a bbc and seeing nothing but hood and sky.

A big block Chevy is like a Busa motor......NO REPLACEMENT LIKE DISPLACEMENT !!!! .......BUT THEN AGAIN WE HAVE TURBO"S AND NITROUS!!!!!
race.gif

Back