Drones.... Can Anyone School Me On Them?

GNBRETT

Registered
lookn to get one so I can get overhead video of my K9. I don't know poop about them other then the few I see at Best Buy.

I was looking at that. Someone posted a drone video once that was cool. I think it was infinitereality. Problem is speed. They have drones that will follow you but they aren't that fast. A friend of mine tried to add a prop facing backward to give more forward thrust but still pretty slow relative to a Busa. Also I'm pretty sure it's major illegal to have a drone following you on the road.

It was infinit who posted some same as cap. I dont have a bunch of inpu other than if it cost more its better in this case! I think shoits of the K9 would be no problem for the drone to keep up with.

Not sure you an call me an expert but I can tell you drones are a lot like bikes, you can mod them, build them and for everything you dont like someone else loves...

What exactly are you looking for? There are some slick features but if your wanting to get one to follow you on the street that would be a problem, at the track is no problem...

yea more for training overhead. I guess I'm jus gonna have to research them cause like u said they seem to be personalized to each person for wat they want to use it for. thanx

lol my mutt. he's a Belgium Malinios.

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

Okay great! So I was correct to take it literally. LOL I am normally so lost in popular culture, with memes and phrases, I think I have become paranoid...

I told my friend who does some sort of technical competitions that you would like to follow the dog. Reply:

"I would suggest a DJI Phantom. Hope he's prepared to spend about $1K on it. He's gonna crash it a few times at first as well so he'll want to set aside a 'parts fund' as well."

So there's one opinion for ya.

hmmm ok thats good info. I figure there will be a slight learning curve. I will look at the DJI Phantom thanx

Okay great! So I was correct to take it literally. LOL I am normally so lost in popular culture, with memes and phrases, I think I have become paranoid...

I told my friend who does some sort of technical competitions that you would like to follow the dog. Reply:

"I would suggest a DJI Phantom. Hope he's prepared to spend about $1K on it. He's gonna crash it a few times at first as well so he'll want to set aside a 'parts fund' as well."

So there's one opinion for ya.

The phantom 4 and 4 Pro are really hard to crash to tell you the truth. They have obstacle avoidance on them and GPS so if you start to lose it just let go of the controls and the drone will hover in place....

ok kool its dummy proof lol jus how I like shiit.....:D so wat is the real difference wen they start going up in price? is it the camera thats recorded or does the actual drone have more bells and whistles like run time and distance etc?

The phantom 4 and 4 Pro are really hard to crash to tell you the truth. They have obstacle avoidance on them and GPS so if you start to lose it just let go of the controls and the drone will hover in place....

I went with the 4 pro. Best Buy had them on sale plus 0% interest for a year on their card. Get extra batteries you'll be glad you did. It will fly for 20-30 mins, go about 4 miles out and can legally go up to 400 feet. So far the furthest I've sent my out was a 1 mile round trip over the woods and it never missed a beat. It's an amazing machine and like Captain said it's almost crash proof. As long as you pay attention to what you are doing. In low light the avoidance can drop off allowing you to back in to the railing around the back deck resulting in a broken prop. LOL
Return to home functions are a big plus. With the push of a button it will fly right back to you automatically and in the case of a lost signal it will back track until it picks it back up or just return home. There are a ton of great videos showing what all they can do.

I went with the 4 pro. Best Buy had them on sale plus 0% interest for a year on their card. Get extra batteries you'll be glad you did. It will fly for 20-30 mins, go about 4 miles out and can legally go up to 400 feet. So far the furthest I've sent my out was a 1 mile round trip over the woods and it never missed a beat. It's an amazing machine and like Captain said it's almost crash proof. As long as you pay attention to what you are doing. In low light the avoidance can drop off allowing you to back in to the railing around the back deck resulting in a broken prop. LOL
Return to home functions are a big plus. With the push of a button it will fly right back to you automatically and in the case of a lost signal it will back track until it picks it back up or just return home. There are a ton of great videos showing what all they can do.

So how far away would you say that you flew out? Legally you have to keep the aircraft line of sight and that means you can see it not you can see where it might be.. With a Phantom 4 at 400 feet thats not very far......

So how far away would you say that you flew out? Legally you have to keep the aircraft line of sight and that means you can see it not you can see where it might be.. With a Phantom 4 at 400 feet thats not very far......

I may have been pushing the limits a little. It was about 1/4-1/2 mile out.

Back