Droid Razr car dock. Fit RAM triple tree ball?

RedFalco

Donating Member
Registered
Any Motorola Razr users ever tried to utilize the car dock on a triple tree RAM ball? Looks like it might work, but dunno.

You mean like this?

2011-04-11_17-36-33_178.jpg

Yes Sir.
But with the Razr carmount cradle shown in the video. You can see the back of it on the start video freeze frame above. It looks like the ball from the RAM mount would fit the cradle but was unsure. Thought someone may have tried this already. Pics below would give an idea of before and after. I've got the Razr prop'd on the RAM ball w/ a screwdriver in the pics below so it would actually be lower to the tank if that cradle fit the RAM ball.
I could actually see my gauges if it worked.
I've been spending money left and right on the beast these days so I may have to sneek this purchase in when the tax return hits the mail.
:laugh:

picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg

picture3.jpg

phone4.jpg

Nope. The OEM razr car mount won't fit.

Anyone using a suction cup mount on the tank?

I'm considering trying out this particular suction cup mount as it has a lever to engage and disengage it. It's quite strong. Full tank of gas and I can lift the tank up. May have a problem with the cup marking up the tank, but was thinking of putting alittle section of that clear "display protector" used on smart phone on the area of the tank to be used.
Run the micro usb cable up from under the tank for power.
Store the whole cradle / suction cup assembly in the hump from would be thief's when not in use.
Run the loose end of the micro usb cable down the tripple tree hole when the mount is store or not in use.
It would also be easily transferable from bike to car.
Think I would have to rig up a lanyard to the phone in case it came loose at speeds. That would be a pretty costly experiement.

Liking the OEM razr car mount as it switches the display menu when its docked.
We'll give it a shot.

nofit.jpg

mount.jpg

microUSBstowe1.jpg

microUSBstowe.jpg

FAIL, fail, FAIL
::9
On my way into work this evening, suction cup mounted to tank "gave" and lashed off the tank at speeds. Good thing I had a lanyard attached to the assembly or it would of been bouncing down the interstate in pieces.
Needless to say I ordered the Adaptiv sports bike mount this evening without giving it a second thought. The ball on this mount is 16.03mm for the inquiring minds that need to know. My application however, will require a 17mm diameter ball in order to utilize the OEM phone cradle. I'm thinking possibly building it up with electrical tape or plasti-dip to achieve the 17mm diameter needed. We'll see.

Wow... Lots going on in that cockpit...lol

I was looking more towards my Razr car dock as it puts the phone in what Motorola calls ESP technology mode. Changes up the desktop of my phone to a Larger Menu that you would see on those Garmins or TomToms.

My Adaptive sport bike mount came in last week and it fit my Razr cradle like a glove. I just gotta rewire it up to hide the micro usb cable in between the triple tree and I'm all set. Ended up buying a cigarette adapter that was compatible with my device; opened it up and wired it into the battery of the bike.

Phone, music, gps navigation, video camera and a whole lot more in one device. The cradle is really easy to take off from the bike mount and transfer it to the car mount for the cager..

Researching ways to tap into my BoostBySmith ECU flash box to attempt some data logging to the device. Would be cool to find ways to display Nitrous pressure, Air shifter pressure, light switching...etc. through the phone too..
:laugh:
I'm working on this project now, whereby I can control my electric gate and garage door opener through my phone.
:cheerleader:

cammount.jpg

You got it all figured by the time i read through and was gonna make some suggestions. Guess Ill move along:laugh:

Back