drivin through a bee swarm

jwest

Registered
well today at the end of my ride i was maybe 4 miles from home when i encountered this swarm of those small yellow/black wasps...

after i pass the pt crapper i turn my head to check lane to get over as soon as i look back they hit me..notice me duck:laugh:

my helmet was hard to see out of afterwards...lol

hope the embedding works...if not heres the direct link
- ‪bee swarm.avi‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I didn't find those, I was up through Ithaca a couple.times this weekend.

Droid via Tapatalk

I almost took out a pair of butterflies (lol) and then a bird with my helmet. It must have looked hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

well today at the end of my ride i was maybe 4 miles from home when i encountered this swarm of those small yellow/black wasps...

after i pass the pt crapper i turn my head to check lane to get over as soon as i look back they hit me..notice me duck:laugh:

my helmet was hard to see out of afterwards...lol

hope the embedding works...if not heres the direct link
- ‪bee swarm.avi‬‏[/url]

What would you have done if one of those bees got inside your helmet?:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will never forget the time I was riding on the highway a couple years ago.
I was wearing my Joe Rocket mesh jacket and a black crow hit my arm and his beak stuck and ripped off in my mesh jacket.
I had to pull over to get the beak out of my jacket, scared the crap out of me.

Remember if something like that happens, always keep your cool.

anytime fastfrog,pm me and i'll shoot ya my number

the only problem ive ever had is your legs/crotch and gas tank make a perfect catch area,ive hit a bee and found out soon after he was still with me...

i stopped just up the road and got a dead bee out of that area and was glad he was dead...lol:thumbsup:

That could have been not very fun. Hate bees myself. Had my visor up wearing clear glasses and ran into a bee, the stinger nailed me right in between my eyes. I quickly pulled over and yanked the stinger out of my face with a few choice words. wish i had that on video would have been hilarious to share.

LOL Back in`85 (Gpz750 turbo) was skeetin along, around a buck or so,, got tagged by a junebug mid neck (lower rightside of throat), about the size of a marble. I cried, it hurt sooo bad, next day had a golf ball sized lump and bruise all across my neck. Never have I been in so much PAIN. Lotta good that FF helmet did, God my neck hurts just thinking about it, hated the damn things ever since. Bees no biggie, LOL.:poke:

'85 turbo, yes! Almost went with the turbo, but went with the ninja instead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back when I was dumb and would ride in a tank top I got one down my shirt. it stung me in my chest. That will make you hit the brakes faster than a bus full of topless chicks... :laugh:

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Heading home from work I pass the orange trees and as I am aproaching the grapes I a dark spot, it hit my helmet, more and I see bees! I duck down and then my chin/jawbone area is a blaze. I wipe and paw at it until I can pull over on a side road. Yep, little cuss got me. I swolled up a bit too.

Back