Drain plug part numbers.

justin726

Registered
Can sombody double check me. Is this the right part numbers for the oil pan drain plug and washer?

09247-14036 Plug
09168-14004 Washer

I'm pretty sure about the plug part number, but not 100% sure about the washer.

Also, does anyone happen to know what the size of the plug is? Diameter, thread pitch, and length? Looking to pick one up quick and didn't know if I could cross reference the dimensions with something the dealer has in stock instead of waiting till next week to get one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

you can buy one at PepBoys for a couple bucks. I believe it`s metric 14 mm with 1,25 pitch. but don`t trust me on this. Maybe somebody else can verify that.

you can buy one at PepBoys for a couple bucks. I believe it`s metric 14 mm with 1,25 pitch. but don`t trust me on this. Maybe somebody else can verify that.

The main problem is I'm pretty limited on the number of Automotive stores around town. All we have is an O'Riley's and NAPA.....That's it. This is when small towns suck.

PM one of the Sponsors, that's what I do, and I live in a Small town. But we do have a Suzuki Dealer here
wink.gif
. If you don't find out, PM me and I'll call our dealer for Ya  
beerchug.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 29 2007,14:41) NAPA should have those for sure. If you need it fast.
What happened with you original plug?
Plug went bouncing down the highway. Was out for an easy ride when I just happend to be checking my mirror I noticed some blue smoke appear. I also noticed my tire started leaving a wet trail on the highway, so I immediately pulled in the clutch and hit the killswitch. Coasted to a stop on the shoulder. I was so lucky I caught it so quickly. My first thought was a problem with the oil filter or an oil line, but once I got stopped I noticed the plug was gone.

So anyway, the plug was nowhere in sight. Probably in the ditch somewhere.

Might make a quick run into town to check NAPA here in a little bit.

take a clean paper and using your finger put it inside to make tread impression on the paper.
I`m 90% positive on 14mm diameter and you can compare the tread when you at Napa.

Then take a 1/8 drill bit and drill across plug head to wire it to the oil pan. You find the place to drill the hole in oil pan in front of the pan. You will never lose drain plug again.
Be careful not to over tighten the plug, pan tread is very delicate (read shitty ) aluminum.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 29 2007,17:07) Then take a 1/8 drill bit and drill across plug head to wire it to the oil pan. You find the place to drill the hole in oil pan in front of the pan. You will never lose drain plug again.
Be careful not to over tighten the plug, pan tread is very delicate (read shitty ) aluminum.
Good idea, that will keep it from dropping into the dirty oil bucket also.
sad.gif

Torque the plug to 16.5 foot pounds.

Back