Dragon speeding

brian7396

Donating Member
Registered
Not sure if everyone has heard about the THP cracking down on the dragon. Have read alot of horror stories on WWW.tailofthedragon.com Stories of minor infractions pushed to the limits. Havent read much lately but thought it might be good to bring up the issue. Just food for thought. Nobody needs a ticket as a souvenier.

30 isn't bad in some of the corners, but I found myself looking at the speedo the whole time.

If you can run 30 through all the corners you are doing alright!

Though I was there just as they atrted thecrackdown and saw 70 or so on the longer straights.

They gave a HD guy a ticket for 47 in a 20!

Hopefully they'll wait for June/July again this year before starting to get nasty. Not that I have anything to worry about since I always stay within the speed limit officer.

Hopefully they'll wait for June/July again this year before starting to get nasty.  Not that I have anything to worry about since I always stay within the speed limit officer.
I will vouch for Dennis.
umnik.gif

Next year, let's go to the Devil's Highway.

Devil's Highway.

This is a group which does it more formally but I'm only posting the link because they have good information. Route 666 Run

Found a video.

I watched the first three minutes and I'm sold on the road!

Next year, maybe? Busa Bash at the Devil's Highway? You'll probably get everyone from Texas to California to go out there . . . . !!!

--Wag--

Last edited by a moderator:
They were horrible at the fall bash...an the dragon anyway. At one point I know there was a few of us that counted 5 separate cars on the dragon at one time on Saturday. The good part was though that we rarely saw LEO's anywhere else such as the skyway or the foothills.

Where is it located? Looks like a fun road.
That's in South Eastern Arizona. The road goes all the way from Colorado to Mexico, however, the section WE want to do is South from Springerville, AZ to Morenci or Clifton.

I'm going to run that road at the end of April and see how it is. I'll take pics!

--Wag--

Well if my map program is correct, that is Route 191. It looks to be one fun ride. I sure wish it wasn't so far from St. Louis.
But, where there is a will, there is a way.(somehow)
I've been wanting to take a vacation out that way for a couple of years, and to try to catch up with a good friend out in Phoenix who races bikes for a living. SHE just got a Pro Stock Buell this year to race in the NHRA Circuit. (Cool Lady)

I just checked out some goofy site you put in your birthday, and it tells all kinds of nonsense about you. I found that my Native American name would be Hawk. (now is that appropriate or what?)
Is it any wonder why I had to get a Hayabusa?
Jim

IMG_6991_2__resized__191_kb.jpg

Next year, let's go to the Devil's Highway.

Devil's Highway.

This is a group which does it more formally but I'm only posting the link because they have good information.  Route 666 Run

Found a video.

I watched the first three minutes and I'm sold on the road!

Next year, maybe?  Busa Bash at the Devil's Highway?  You'll probably get everyone from Texas to California to go out there . . . . !!!

--Wag--
Wag, looks like you need to set up a South West Meet and Greet there. If you have i
it, I will come
beerchug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis, I'd love nothing more than to have you visit out here. I'll have to set this up. Lemmee do the ride in April and we'll start working on it. I'll go with an eye to scouting out stops, hotels, eats, etc.

Should be a blast!

--Wag--

Back